REMINDER: Final Meeting of ANC Redistricting Task Force, Mon 10/3

  • ajrinam
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011

      Dear Ward One Friends,

      Tthe Ward One ANC Redistricting Task Force will hold its final meeting on Monday, October 3rd at 6:30 pm at the Columbia Heights Youth Club, 1480 Girard Street, NW, to vote on its final recommendations to the D.C. Council for the redrawing of Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) and Single Member District (SMD) boundaries in the Ward based on the 2010 census. These recommendations are required by law to be submitted to the D.C. Council by Tuesday, October 11th.

      This link -- www.ward1ancredistricting.shutterfly.com -- will take you to the two main draft proposals for ANC boundaries that the Task Force agreed to work from at its recent meeting on September 27th -- one for a 4-ANC Ward and the other for a 5-ANC Ward -- as well as to other map proposals presented over the past month for consideration by Task Force members, sitting ANC Commissioners, community leaders, and members of the public.

      We welcome your attendance at the upcoming October 3rd Task Force final meeting. The Forum tab on the Shutterfly site will also enable you to share your thoughts with the Task Force and others in the Ward. Task Force members are listed below for your information.

      Thanks for your consideration,

      Alan Roth, Task Force Chairperson

      Task Force Appointees of CM Jim Graham:

      Mr. Alan Roth (Task Force Chairperson)

      ANC 1A Chairperson William "Bill" Brown

      ANC 1B Chairperson Juan Lopez

      ANC 1C Chairperson Wilson Reynolds (Task Force Vice Chairperson)

      ANC 1D Chairperson Gregg Edwards (Task Force Secretary)

      Ms. Janie Boyd

      Other Councilmembers' Appointees (in order of appointment):

      SMD 1A07 Commissioner Thomas Boisvert (CM Catania)

      Ms. Shelore Williams (CM Orange)

      Ms. Beverley Wheeler (CM Mendelson)

      SMD 1B10 Commissioner Tony Norman (Chairperson K. Brown)

      SMD 1A11 Commissioner Dotti Love Wade (CM M. Brown)

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
        But how is anyone to know which two of those 47 images are the "main draft proposals"? As best I can tell, none of them are. -- Jack McKay