NWCHCA: Next Community Public Forum Tuesday March 15 & February's Recap

  • Cecilia Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 10:16 PM
      NWCHCA's Community Public Forum

      Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011
      Time: 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
      Location: St Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church, 1525 Newton St NW, Upstairs Auditorium (16th-Street Side)
      Topic: Violent Hate Crimes & Bias Crimes in Our Community
      Featuring: GLOV (DC's LGBT Anti-Violence Task Force), Metropolitan Police Department Special Liaison Unit, and the DC Office on Latino Affairs
      Format: Panel Discussion followed by small-group discussions

      Please come and bring your neighbors! Open to the public, free-of-charge, free refreshments
      RSVPs are appreciated (by return e-mail)

      February Recap:

      The last Northwest Columbia Heights Community Association's Public Forum on Criminal Justice was Tuesday, February 15th and our topics were ex-offender reentry, and nuisance crimes. Our panelists included Courtney Stewart, Co-founder of the Reentry Network for Returning Citizens, AUSA Shana Fulton, the Deputy Chief of General Crimes from the US Attorney's Office, along with several community members. Many thanks to all our panelists, and all who came out to participate. Special thanks to all those who helped with set-up, sign-in, clean-up, refreshments, the sound system and all other tasks/services that were required to make our event a success.

      For those who attended NWCHCA's February Community Public Forum:

      There's still time to submit a satisfaction survey. Please take a few minutes to answer 15 survey questions. We would really appreciate your input to find out how we did with this event and to improve future programs. Please submit by Sunday, February 27th.

      As a "thank you" for filling out this survey, there will be a drawing for a $15 Starbucks Gift Card. If you'd like a chance to win the gift card, please be sure to include your e-mail address on the survey. (e-mail addresses will be kept confidential)

      **REMEMBER: The Northwest Columbia Heights Community Association meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at St Stephens.**

      Please Mark Your Calendars: April's NWCHCA Community Criminal Justice Public Forum – Full Panel with Top Leaders

      Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011

      Confirmed Panelists: MPD Chief Cathy Lanier, Ward 1 Coucilmember Jim Graham, United States Attorney Ron Machen, DC Superior Courts Chief Judge Lee Satterfield, Pretrial Services Director Susan Shaffer

      Cecilia Jones
      President, Northwest Columbia Heights Community Association (NWCHCA)
      202-299-7868 (cell)
      www.nwchca.org

      “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” --Mahatma Gandhi