CH Community Marketplace happenings for Thursday night and for Saturday, Sept. 4th, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

  • Columbia Heights Community Marketplace
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hello Columbia Heights.

      We've got great food and fun on tap for this Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the fountain and plaza (14th, Kenyon and Park Road).

      All kinds of great fruit and vegetables, including peaches, apples (honeycrisp...yum yum), watermelon, canteloupe, sweet corn, heirloom tomatoes, plums, garlic and basil. What is more, you'll find sausage, eggs, cheese, yogurt, bread and pastries, gelatti and sorbetti.

      Two community service organizations, KidPower and PETA, will be at the Marketplace to educate residents about what they do.

      Bloombars (www.bloombars.com) will lead up the entertainment from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

      Our provider of meats from sustainably raised livestock, Smith Family Farm, is having a bit of trouble with labor, which is why it's been absent from the Marketplace recently. If you or someone you know is interested in working for this great farm on Saturday mornings, please e-mail back and we'll pass on your information to Leigh. Thanks.

      The Marketplace board of directors is holding a planning meeting on Thursday, Sept. 2 at 7 p.m. at CHANGE, Inc. (1413 Park Road, NW). The meeting is open to the public.

      We need volunteers on Saturday morning, from 8:30 to 11. Please come out and help. Thanks.

      Congratulations to the Columbia Heights Day Initiative (www.columbiaheightsday.org) for putting on a fantastic Columbia Heights Day Festival last Saturday.