Statement on Ward 1 DC Latino Caucus June 24, 2010 endorsement results

  • fgarcia@maestropc.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010

      We have received several emails with questions from members and friends about the endorsement outcome for Ward 1, because of the long and positive history of support that Councilmember Jim Graham has with the Latino Community. Below is the process used to arrive at the endorsement of the candidates that participated in the June 24th, 2010 endorsement meeting.

      The DC Latino Caucus hosted an endorsement meeting on June 24th, 2010.  All members and friends were asked to come out and participate in a candidate forum.  All eligible members were also allowed to take part in an endorsement vote that took place also on June 24th between 6:00 pm and 8:30 pm.  Some members participated in both the forum and the endorsement vote, others participated in one of the two.  The endorsement vote was conducted according to the DC Latino Caucus Rules of the Day, guided by the DC Latino Caucus’ bylaws, which are posted on the Caucus’ website, http://www.dclc.org.  All invited candidates received the Rules of the Day a few days prior to endorsement meeting.

      Ward 1 Councilmember Jim Graham is a strong supporter of the DC Latino Caucus and the DC Latino Caucus recognizes all the support Councilmember Jim Graham has provided over the years and continues to provide to the Latino Community of Washington DC.  The significance of this process is not meant to adversely impact the relationship any member of this community has with the DC Latino Caucus or with the Latino Community.    We commend the work of the candidates that participated in the process and encouraged eligible DC Latino Caucus members to come out and take part in this process.  We look forward to seeing a larger crowd on July 24th @ 4:00 pm at the Josephine Butler Center for the DC Mayoral Forum.  Visit us on-line for more information on the DC Mayoral Forum.

      DC Latino Caucus Membership composition:  61% -Latinos, 18% -African American, 13% - White, 8% -Other.  92% live in Washington DC.  56% Male, 44% Female.  Average member age: 35.

      Sincerely,
      Franklin Garcia
      President, DC Latino Caucus

      From: franklin.garcia@...
      To: jcbarragan@...; opuente@...; cazaresolivas@...; sarahi@...
      CC: Alirene99@...; jcruiz@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:25:58 -0400

      Please give your fee back on below statement.   This has not gone out to anyone.   Thank you.  Franklin.

      We have received a lot of emails and questions from members and friends about the endorsement outcome for  Ward 1.   The DC Latino Caucus hosted an endorsement meeting on June 24th, 2010.   All members and friends were asked to come out and participate in a candidate forum.  All eligible members were also allowed to take part in an endorsement vote that took place also on June 24th between 6:00 pm and 8:30 pm.   Some members participated in both the forum and the endorsement vote, others participated in one of the two.  The endorsement vote was conducted according to the DC Latino Caucus Rules of the Day guided by the DC Latino Caucus bylaws, which are posted on the Caucus’ website, http://www.dclc.org.

      Ward 1 Councilmember Jim Graham is a strong supporter of the DC Latino Caucus and the DC Latino Caucus recognizes all the support Councilmember Jim Graham has provided over the years and continues to provide to the Latino Community of Washington DC.  Indeed, the Latino Community in Washington DC has no greater friend than Councilmember Jim Graham.  The significance of this process is not meant to adversely impact the relationship any member of this community has with the DC Latino Caucus or with the Latino Community.    We are satisfied with this process and commend the hard work of the candidates that participated in the process and encouraged eligible DC Latino Caucus  voters to come out and take part in this process.  We look forward to seeing a larger crowd on July 24th for the DC Mayoral Forum.  Visit us on-line for more information on the DC Mayoral Forum.

      Sincerely,
      Franklin Garcia
      President, DC Latino Caucus