Complimentary tickets to Fortas: Jennifer Koh, Sun., May 9 at 7:30 p.m.

  • Scott, Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010

      Good News!

      A very limited number of complimentary tickets have just become available for the performance of Fortas: Jennifer Koh (violin) with Thomas Sauer (piano) for Sunday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m. If interested, please let me know your full name and count no later than 4 p.m. TODAY May 7, by replying to this email address:

      Kc-scotty-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Should the tickets run out before then I'll send an email update. Please remember I have no control over location of seats, any requests for more than two tickets may require splitting your party up, and please reply by email only. Also, requests for complimentary tickets for future events cannot be accepted, I merely post what's been offered to me. And finally, once 4 p.m. on the comes and goes, please do not email me asking if you can still get tickets, this only puts me in an awkward position.

      ***These tickets MUST be used. Please be sure that before you make a request for complimentary seats to this performance that you will be able to attend. Failure to comply to this rule may result in disqualification from future offers.***

      Tickets will be held in the names provided at our Will Call window for pick up after 6 p.m. and an email confirmation will be sent to the requestor. Please allow ample time to pick up your tickets from Will Call.

      2009-2010 Fortas Chamber Music Concerts
      Jennifer Koh, violin
      --with Thomas Sauer, piano
      Sunday, May 9, 2010
      Terrace Theater, 7:30 p.m.

      Last seen at the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra, the brilliant Jennifer Koh returns in her Fortas debut with a night of violin mastery and multimedia. The virtuoso violinist who the New York Times says possesses "equal measures of energy and velvety richness" performs John Adams's Road Movies as part of the Center's celebration of the composer. Koh also takes part in the Washington premiere of Esa-Pekka Salonen's Lachen Verlernt, an audio and video piece incorporating the work of videographer Tal Rosner. Koh will perform with pianist Thomas Sauer,a frequent collaborator with renowned instrumentalists and a member of the Mannes Trio. The program includes Bach's Partita for solo violin, a work that puts Koh's precise yet emotional ability on display, and Lou Harrison's fleshy, exotic, and diverse Grand Duo.

      PROGRAM INFORMATION:

      BACH

      Partita for solo violin in E major
      YSAĆžE

      Sonata No. 2 for solo violin
      ADAMS

      Road Movies for violin and piano Washington D.C. Premiere
      SALONEN

      Lachen Verlernt (with new video by Tal Rosner)
      HARRISON

      Grand Duo for violin and piano

      RUNNING TIME: Approx. 100 minutes

      The Kennedy Center

      P (202) 416 8502

      F (202) 416 8585

      cid:image001.png@...220570

      This e-mail message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This message may contain trade secrets, attorney-client communication, or other privileged and confidential information. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, reproduction or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the Sender and delete the material from any computer.