Re: Digest Number 4 (and Organizations)

  • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 1998
      In a message dated 02/11/1998 12:26:44 PM, lalozon@... wrote:

      >The North American British Brigade has been in existence
      >
      >for some time and I understand it is by invitation only.

      Well I don't know where this tidbit got started, but it is completely wrong!
      (sorry, Larry!)
      As I mentioned in another post, for going on about 4 years the NABB has openly
      invited and asked for input from any and everyone. I made numerous suggestions
      and sent out questionaires years ago to all I could find to see what others
      thought, what they wanted, what could be done. I suggested a committee set up
      of representatives from every unit and said committee would sort things out,
      decide on field commanders, suggest accreditation processes, etc. Most of the
      response, until fairly recently, has been stone cold silence. So if there was
      any "by invitation only" going on - it was in reaction to NABB! ;-)
      Perhaps there is confusion with this over the fact that the Waterloo 2000
      event is "by invitation only". The NA and ENF are doing this not to be any
      kind of toffee-nosed-elitist-fest, but rather it is an attempt to create a
      standard of safety and quality for the event. If anyone still has some sort of
      prob with that, then take a look at the requirements for attending such as
      Mississinewa 1812!

      >>Benton is also over all commander of the

      Highland Brigade Worldwide. This group of Highland regiments to

      my knowledge also are members of the NABB.<<

      Well now, it would not make much sense for the 42nd of Australia to be members
      of the North America British Brigade now would it? ;-)
      (sorry again Larry!)
      The World Wide Highland Brigade is its own creature. We call it a "Non-
      Association" of associated units. Some units belong matter of existing. By
      being "Highland" of the Napoleonic era, one is automatically a member with
      friends and comrades literally around the globe. There are no dues, no
      applications. All strive to be accurate and recruit new members and to help
      one another achieve these goals. The WWHBrigade just "is". It's a Zen
      thing....
      ;-)

      I hope that clarifies a little butter here....
      Cheers!
      Major Foul-Up B. Jennings
      93rd, NABB, WWHB, SOB
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 1998
        Well, it seems the email machine may have cut out part of my message!

        So here is the full text of the possible goof up, just in case!

        >>>The World Wide Highland Brigade is its own creature. We call it a "Non-
        Association" of associated units. Some units belong to the N.A., some to NABB
        (such as the 93rd) some to both and some to none! Belonging to the WWHB is
        simply a matter of existing. By being "Highland" of the Napoleonic era, one is