1812 beer bottles

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
      From: james barnwell
      "....Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
      Mississenewa next year?..."

      I called Martin Lake
      ,it's a go !
      Carlsberg as well ! :^)

    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
        In a message dated 2/5/01 1:14:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, barnlll@...
        writes:

        << Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
        Mississenewa next year? >>
        Please...

        I am all for "tappin' da keg" but something other than Bud would be nice!
        Maybe, Larry could retrive an original keg from the back lot of Hiram Walkers
        and fill it up with some Canadian brew?

        Just a thought...

        JG/RE
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
          From: james barnwell

          To be period correct we have to tap a oak
          keg?

          James,
          In Southwestern Ontario as well as in Britain, you went to the
          tavern/pub with a oversized tin or crock container and when
          they shut down at supper time, you took yur brew home.

          SOOOOooooooo

          Beer keg to tavern
          n' a tin cup to home ........

        • dancingbobd@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
            Hi John,

            Now you'll go and offend Benton if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

            Regards,

            Bob Dorian
            US Engineer
          • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
              --- In WarOf1812@y..., james barnwell <barnlll@y...> wrote:
              > So Larry;
              > To be period correct we have to tap a oak
              > keg?Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
              > Mississenewa next year?
              > Signed
              > Bud

              Hmmmm....moose and squirrel contingent + guns + beer on tap at a
              public event. Poster boys for gun control.... :^( Who's going to run
              the breathalyser to make sure participants won't drink, then shoot,
              instead of the other way around?

              Can you say: "(un)intentional triple loads"? Yee-Haw!

              Roger
              3/95th (Rifles)
            • james barnwell
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                Too much walking!!!!!

                a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
              • JGIL1812@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                  dancingbobd@... writes:

                  << Now you'll go and offend Benton if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

                  Bob,

                  If I know the good Major... a tip of a good stout will pass his lips on those
                  rare occassions when "whisky" is not readily available. I know this is hard
                  to believe but alas... I have seen it with my own eyes.

                  JG/RE
                • BritcomHMP@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                    In a message dated 2/5/2001 4:56:20 PM Central Standard Time,
                    JGIL1812@... writes:

                    << If I know the good Major... a tip of a good stout will pass his lips on
                    those
                    rare occassions when "whisky" is not readily available. I know this is hard
                    to believe but alas... I have seen it with my own eyes.

                    You are no doubt aware of his dictum taken from the fine film 'Tunes of
                    Glory' as intoned by Alec Guinness as Col. 'Jock' Sinclair.

                    "For the gentlemen who like it there's whisky, and for those who don't,
                    WHISKY"

                  • HQ93rd@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 6, 2001
                      In a message dated 2/5/01 1:52:44 PM, dancingbobd@... writes:

                      << Now you'll go and offend B if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

                      Oh John knows me much better than that.

                      And that topic was on distilled spirits, and not brew.

                      And those that do know me know better than to get me started on brew....

                      "American beer is like making love in a canoe...it's fucking close to water"
                      -- Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl

                      (But then of late there are regal US micros such as Anchor, and tons of local
                      independants.)

                      93rd SHRoFLHU
                      THE Thin Red Line
                      www.93rdhighlanders.com
                    • allies@ruralnet1.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001

                        > Hmmmm....moose and squirrel contingent + guns + beer on tap at a
                        > public event. Poster boys for gun control.... :^( Who's going to
                        run
                        > the breathalyser to make sure participants won't drink, then shoot,
                        > instead of the other way around?
                        >
                        > Can you say: "(un)intentional triple loads"? Yee-Haw!
                        >
                        > Roger
                        > 3/95th (Rifles)

                        Roger, I think before you jump to conclusions you should be familiar
                        with an event. The beer is offered up at Missennewa Saturday evening
                        long after the public has left and there are no other battles or
                        demonstrations for the day. There are many of us out here who can
                        fiqure out that serving beer before a battle is just plain stupid.
                        That is not what happens and I get a bit upset when you make that
                        kind of inference. Your statement implies that sort of thing does
                        happen here and we do not know better. You are not the only
                        concerned re-enactor out there. Please show a little restraint
                        before you spout off.
                        Stephen Allie
                        XIV LD
                      • Cpl. Wattie
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
                          Actually, I can't think of any events/sites that offer up beer to re-enactors before battles ...