Re: [WarOf1812] 1812 beer bottles

  • james barnwell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
      So Larry;
      To be period correct we have to tap a oak
      keg?Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
      Mississenewa next year?
      Signed
      Bud

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
        From: james barnwell
        "....Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
        Mississenewa next year?..."

        I called Martin Lake
        ,it's a go !
        Carlsberg as well ! :^)

      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
          In a message dated 2/5/01 1:14:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, barnlll@...
          writes:

          << Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
          Mississenewa next year? >>
          Please...

          I am all for "tappin' da keg" but something other than Bud would be nice!
          Maybe, Larry could retrive an original keg from the back lot of Hiram Walkers
          and fill it up with some Canadian brew?

          Just a thought...

          JG/RE
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
            From: james barnwell

            To be period correct we have to tap a oak
            keg?

            James,
            In Southwestern Ontario as well as in Britain, you went to the
            tavern/pub with a oversized tin or crock container and when
            they shut down at supper time, you took yur brew home.

            SOOOOooooooo

            Beer keg to tavern
            n' a tin cup to home ........

          • dancingbobd@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
              Hi John,

              Now you'll go and offend Benton if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

              Regards,

              Bob Dorian
              US Engineer
            • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                --- In WarOf1812@y..., james barnwell <barnlll@y...> wrote:
                > So Larry;
                > To be period correct we have to tap a oak
                > keg?Can we get the Budweiser Clydesdales and wagon to
                > Mississenewa next year?
                > Signed
                > Bud

                Hmmmm....moose and squirrel contingent + guns + beer on tap at a
                public event. Poster boys for gun control.... :^( Who's going to run
                the breathalyser to make sure participants won't drink, then shoot,
                instead of the other way around?

                Can you say: "(un)intentional triple loads"? Yee-Haw!

                Roger
                3/95th (Rifles)
              • james barnwell
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                  Too much walking!!!!!

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                    dancingbobd@... writes:

                    << Now you'll go and offend Benton if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

                    Bob,

                    If I know the good Major... a tip of a good stout will pass his lips on those
                    rare occassions when "whisky" is not readily available. I know this is hard
                    to believe but alas... I have seen it with my own eyes.

                    JG/RE
                  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                      In a message dated 2/5/2001 4:56:20 PM Central Standard Time,
                      JGIL1812@... writes:

                      << If I know the good Major... a tip of a good stout will pass his lips on
                      those
                      rare occassions when "whisky" is not readily available. I know this is hard
                      to believe but alas... I have seen it with my own eyes.

                      You are no doubt aware of his dictum taken from the fine film 'Tunes of
                      Glory' as intoned by Alec Guinness as Col. 'Jock' Sinclair.

                      "For the gentlemen who like it there's whisky, and for those who don't,
                      WHISKY"

                    • HQ93rd@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 6, 2001
                        In a message dated 2/5/01 1:52:44 PM, dancingbobd@... writes:

                        << Now you'll go and offend B if it;s not WHISKY from Scotland!

                        Oh John knows me much better than that.

                        And that topic was on distilled spirits, and not brew.

                        And those that do know me know better than to get me started on brew....

                        "American beer is like making love in a canoe...it's fucking close to water"
                        -- Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl

                        (But then of late there are regal US micros such as Anchor, and tons of local
                        independants.)

                        93rd SHRoFLHU
                        THE Thin Red Line
                        www.93rdhighlanders.com
                      • allies@ruralnet1.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001

                          > Hmmmm....moose and squirrel contingent + guns + beer on tap at a
                          > public event. Poster boys for gun control.... :^( Who's going to
                          run
                          > the breathalyser to make sure participants won't drink, then shoot,
                          > instead of the other way around?
                          >
                          > Can you say: "(un)intentional triple loads"? Yee-Haw!
                          >
                          > Roger
                          > 3/95th (Rifles)

                          Roger, I think before you jump to conclusions you should be familiar
                          with an event. The beer is offered up at Missennewa Saturday evening
                          long after the public has left and there are no other battles or
                          demonstrations for the day. There are many of us out here who can
                          fiqure out that serving beer before a battle is just plain stupid.
                          That is not what happens and I get a bit upset when you make that
                          kind of inference. Your statement implies that sort of thing does
                          happen here and we do not know better. You are not the only
                          concerned re-enactor out there. Please show a little restraint
                          before you spout off.
                          Stephen Allie
                          XIV LD
                        • Cpl. Wattie
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 7, 2001
                            Actually, I can't think of any events/sites that offer up beer to re-enactors before battles ...