Re: [WarOf1812] Scott's brigade

  • Armchairadm@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
      Terry;
      As far as I know all four Regt. of Scott's Brig. ( the 9th/11th/22nd/25th
      Inf.} were in grey jackets. You may be thinking of the 5th Pennsylvania
      Regt. (Fenton's Vol.) . This unit had been federalized early in the spring of
      1814 and sent to reinforce the garrison at Erie before moving on to join the
      Left Div. on the Niagara Frontier. Elements of this unit were in action in
      the woods on the American left at Chippawa.
      They latter formed part of Gen. Peter B. Porters 3rd Brigade.

      Ed