Scott's brigade

  • Terry Lubka
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 8:40 PM
      Question for the listoids. Can someone please tell me what regiment in Winfield Scott's brigade was the only one wearing blue jackets (1814 campaign)

      Thanks in advance,

      Terry.

    • Armchairadm@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4 5:54 PM
        Terry;
        As far as I know all four Regt. of Scott's Brig. ( the 9th/11th/22nd/25th
        Inf.} were in grey jackets. You may be thinking of the 5th Pennsylvania
        Regt. (Fenton's Vol.) . This unit had been federalized early in the spring of
        1814 and sent to reinforce the garrison at Erie before moving on to join the
        Left Div. on the Niagara Frontier. Elements of this unit were in action in
        the woods on the American left at Chippawa.
        They latter formed part of Gen. Peter B. Porters 3rd Brigade.

        Ed