Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Osprey - American Army 1812-14

  • mmathews@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
      >This website has just been brought to my attention by Roger Fuller
      >and I noted Mr. Mathews comments, re: my recent book, US Army 1812-
      >1815 published by Osprey. I would like to made a short response to
      >Mr. Mathews comments and critiques of information presented therein:
      >
      >No where in the book do I state that only the 1-7 Infantry received
      >buff belting. If Mr. Mathews had carefully read the passage on page
      >40 "....(big snip)

      Time out. While I'm big enough (at 5'5") to accept blame for carelessness
      or error whien I'm at fault, this is not the case here. As you will note,
      each time a message is responded to you get an additional carrot (sp?). So
      your message now has one set, mine has one plus one from Fitz and one from
      this posting, and Fitz's comments have two. Plus the signiture at the end.
      My only posting regarding your book was the question stated below.

      Thanks for adding to the discussion and providing those corrections and
      clarifications.

      Regards,
      Michael

      >--- In WarOf1812@y..., Fitzhugh MacCrae <alaidh@y...> wrote:
      >>
      >> --- mmathews@V... wrote:
      >> > Good day one and all,
      >> >
      >> > I just picked up a copy of the book above, cheap.
      >> > Knowing that Osprey
      >> > books typically contain an error or two or three, I
      >> > wondered if any of you
      >> > might point out issues you have with either the text
      >> > or illustrations. I
      >> > mostly bought it as a painting guide for my
      >> > miniatures.
      >> >

      >> There are two errors/contradictions that jump out -

      (big snip)

      >> Fitz

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 429-5945 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
      - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)