Re: [WarOf1812] protecting the contents

  • Scott Jeznach
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      > Cap'n Gilmour brings up another
      > interesting topic.
      >
      > Liquor, Sugar n' Salt, were under
      > lock and key,
      > was any other commodity so safed ?

      Tea. So expensive and hard to get in our time period, it was kept in
      expensive "caddies."

      Scott J.
      Royal Marines
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        In a message dated 2/1/2001 1:54:16 PM Central Standard Time,
        lalozon@... writes:

        << Liquor, Sugar n' Salt, were under
        lock and key,
        was any other commodity so safed ?

        Tea
      • Sue Draper
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
          Probably some spices which were unusual and hard to come by (if we're talking officer's stuff here) such as saffron.

          lalozon@... writes:

          << Liquor, Sugar n' Salt, were under
          lock and key,
          was any other commodity so safed ?