100th Regiment of Foot

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2001
      Does anyone know if there is an 1812 re-enactment unit of the 100th
      Regiment of Foot? John Sek's list does not include one.
      Thanks in advance for the help,
      Ray Hobbs
      1/41st
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
        Kevin O'Halloran started it,
        when asked to command the
        Royal Neuf House Guard at
        Stoney Creek he put it into mothballs.

        Kevin O'Halloran, Simcoe, Ont.
        E-mail Address:
        ohalloran@...

        Does anyone know if there is an 1812 re-enactment
        unit of the 100th Regiment of Foot?

      • william2bc
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
          Hello Everyone,

          I am fairly new to the group and to 1812 re-enacting having joined the Fencibles in late 2011 and enjoyed my first big event at Fanshawe.

          For those interested, I have been working on researching the 100th Regt and have setup both a website and Facebook page. It's a work in progress and I do what I can in my spare time.

          Please take a look when you have a minute and feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.

          www.100thregiment.org

          http://www.facebook.com/100thregiment?ref=hl

          Thanks
          William
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
            Very cool.
            Are you portraying the unit?

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "william2bc" <william@...> wrote:

            > Hello Everyone,
            >
            > I am fairly new to the group and to 1812 re-enacting having joined the Fencibles in late 2011 and enjoyed my first big event at Fanshawe.
            >
            > For those interested, I have been working on researching the 100th Regt and have setup both a website and Facebook page. It's a work in progress and I do what I can in my spare time.
            >
            > Please take a look when you have a minute and feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.
            >

            > www.100thregiment.org
            >
            > http://www.facebook.com/100thregiment?ref=hl
            >
            > Thanks
            > William

          • william2bc
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
              Hello Jim,

              We are hoping too. What is planned is a heritage interpretation program for the Ottawa area similar to what can be seen in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto.

              We dont have a fort or anything but the plan is to do displays on a rotating basis at local museums, heritage sites, and parks. If there is interest, the unit may attend some re-enactments but that is not the focus.

              We will be launching it next week so if anyone in the Ottawa area is interested, please let me know.

              William