Re: Art imitating life

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 1999
      In a message dated 4/12/99 1:44:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
      mmathews@... writes:

      << The picture shows a member of the 41st charging "confidently" forward in
      stovepipe shako and fixed bayonet. In the background are two more, one in
      a forage cap and another in shako. The smoke clouded background hints at
      more. The artists signiture looks like Stadden, Stodden, or something like
      that, with initials that I frankly forget at the moment.

      The initials will be 'Chas' 'Chas C' or 'C.C.' Stadden . Obviously you are
      not a model soldier collector Mike! Charles Stadden was once the foremost
      sculptor of 54mm miniature and one of the finest military artists. If its an
      original you have its a find indeed. I am afraid I don't know how much they
      go for nowadays but they are sought after.

    • mmathews@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 1999
        >From: BritcomHMP@...
        >
        >In a message dated 4/12/99 1:44:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
        >mmathews@... writes:
        >
        ><< The picture shows a member of the 41st charging "confidently" forward in
        > stovepipe shako and fixed bayonet. In the background are two more, one in
        > a forage cap and another in shako. The smoke clouded background hints at
        > more. The artists signiture looks like Stadden, Stodden, or something like
        > that, with initials that I frankly forget at the moment.
        > >>

        >The initials will be 'Chas' 'Chas C' or 'C.C.' Stadden . Obviously you are
        >not a model soldier collector Mike! Charles Stadden was once the foremost
        >sculptor of 54mm miniature and one of the finest military artists. If its an
        >original you have its a find indeed. I am afraid I don't know how much they
        >go for nowadays but they are sought after.
        >
        >Cheers
        >
        >Tim

        Actually I have a few thousand miniatures Tim, but they are all wargame
        toys and not collectors art works. ;-) Thanks for the information, now
        I'll have to do some research and see what else I can find out about this
        particular piece.

        TTFN,
        Michael

        Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
        "Wit is educated insolence." -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)