Belated Holiday greeting

  • Marilyn Penner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2001
      This quote was from the Conan Doyle list. I thought I'd pass it on to you as a belated greeting and as a thank you to those who helped me with my Brig. Gerard display [which is finally finished and doesn't look too bad. Now I have to think up something unique for the Hound of the Baskervilles; but that's not 1812]
      Marilyn P.

      "I saw one bright star shining down upon me, and the sight filled me with comfort and with hope. I have never been a man of religion,though I have always had a respect for those who were, but I remember that the star shining down the shaft seemed to be an all-seeing eye which was upon me, and I felt as a young and frightened recruit might feel in battle when he saw the calm gaze of his colonel turned upon him." -- "How the Brigadier Lost His Ear"