Greetings From Eric Shaw

  • Kaori&Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hello all 1812 and Napoleonic Re-enactors .
      Happy New Year to everyone !

      My name is Eric Shaw and I 'm fairly new to the list , but not to
      re-enacting . I first got involved with the hobby in 1986 when I joined the
      Kings Royal Regiment of New York ( Revolutionary War ) .
      In 1987-88 I was on the Battle of the Thames comittee . My job
      was to raise , uniform , equip , train , and command a company of U.S.
      regulars specifically for that event . I chose the 27th U.S. Infantry - a
      typical if not particularly distinguished regiment in the Army of the Old
      Northwest . The regiment served in Harrison's campaign along the Thames and
      was disbanded at the end of the war . At peak strength we mustered a company
      of over 20 men .
      I led this unit , posing as Dutch infantry ( National Militia )
      at Waterloo in 1990 , and was actively involved with the 8th ( Kings )
      Regiment ( 1812 - 15 ) before taking a job in Japan in 1993 . I have been
      here since that time , but would like to be involved again sometime if or
      when I return to Canada . It's nice to keep in touch on the list . I hope
      everyone has had a good holiday . Incidentally , I was at Fort Erie last
      August . My wife is Japanese and was wearing a yukata ( like a kimono , but
      made of cotton and only worn in the summer ) .
      Best Regards ,
      Eric Shaw