Re: Palindrome and stuff.

  • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, Raymond Hobbs <ray.hobbs@s...> wrote:
      > Folks a Palindrome is a word, or phrase that, when reversed, says
      exactly the same thing.

      Right as rain, Ray, and let us not forget one palindrome which is at
      least tangentially related to the War of 1812, namely Napoleon's
      apocryphal dictum after his surrender in 1814....

      "Able was I, ere I saw Elba"....

      Roger
      3/95th (Rifles)

      TODAY (well, yesterday, really...) IN RIFLE BRIGADE HISTORY:
      1 Sunday, Jan. 1815: 5 Cos., 3rd Bn, 95th (Rifles), at combat before
      New Orleans.
    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
        .....Roger....you have far too much time on your hands don't you....

        Craig
      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
          In a message dated 1/2/01 10:56:20 AM, fullerfamily@... writes:

          << Right as rain, Ray, and let us not forget one palindrome which is at
          least tangentially related to the War of 1812, namely Napoleon's
          apocryphal dictum after his surrender in 1814....

          "Able was I, ere I saw Elba".... >>

          yeah, right, but waszat in french, then, guv?
          ;-)

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com