Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Officers from the ranks....

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2001
      In a message dated 1/1/2001 10:53:04 PM Central Standard Time,
      kevin.windsor@... writes:

      << So Tim if you set your orders to Julie Andrews from the sound of music we
      will know it's you okay!!
      ;-)
      Leave the guitar at home though wouldn't want to be accused of being a farb!
      ;-)

      He storms a trench, gives his leg a wrench,
      His uniform has a rent,
      He ambles when he should quick march,
      He cannot pitch a tent,
      And when it comes to drinking then his cash has all been spent.
      I even heard him singing after lights out!

      High on a hill is a lonely Staff Officer
      Lay hodalady yodelady ho!

      Sorry, pardon! Did someone say something? :-)
    • Col Sjt Jones
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2001
        Further to the hopefully humorous remarks I made at the bottom of
        this, I would like to re-emphasize that the voice of command training
        to which I referred was for junior officers. It wasn't intended to
        be elegant or to resemble singing - simply the ability to be heard
        and not to lose one's voice. Doug

      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2001
          In a message dated 1/2/01 4:40:30 PM, chimera1@... writes:

          << Further to the hopefully humorous remarks I made at the bottom of
          this, I would like to re-emphasize that the voice of command training
          to which I referred was for junior officers. It wasn't intended to
          be elegant or to resemble singing - simply the ability to be heard
          and not to lose one's voice. >>

          Yes, but the thing is, even after the jokes, Tim is quite correct. It is
          indeed "singing" as it is the same basic techniques. (Trust me...)

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com
        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 3, 2001
            In a message dated 1/3/2001 9:07:20 AM Central Standard Time,
            sgtwarnr@... writes:

            << What's that I hear? is that you Tim?

            ....I am the very model of a modern Major General...

            Sooner or later we all do a little G&S!

            Well Craig, having been a member of the Harrogate Gilbert and Sullivan
            Society, and having done lots of chorus stuff and various principal parts in
            concert (Lord Tolloler's 'When Britain Really Ruled the Waves' was a
            specialty at one time) your ON!

          • Craig Williams
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 3, 2001
              What's that I hear? is that you Tim?

              ....I am the very model of a modern Major General...

              Sooner or later we all do a little G&S!

              Tuppence
              Craig