Re: [WarOf1812] Re: NCO Training/Webb's offer

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2000
      In a message dated 12/29/2000 2:11:59 PM Central Standard Time,
      SGTPUDGLI@... writes:

      << Like Craig and Steve and Terry and all the others have been saying: before
      you can be somebody you must learn to be nobody. Put your time in as a
      ranker. Do the drill, take the pain, take the shame and then build the
      glory. When you're damned good at being at the bottom then push your way
      upward. Become a commanding NCO and start all over again....then push to
      becaome an Officer...if it's your thing at that moment.

      Just like Wellington, Picton, Crawfud all of those chaps :-)

      (Just stirring it, but trying to remind you that that's not the way they did
      it back then)

    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2000
        Yeah...wasn't this Len's ball?
        I mean there are many of us who have batted the idea around before but it
        seems to me Len was the person who was actually going to do it.
        You might want to talk to him.
        "Jess" a thought,
        Craig

        >Hi Jesse,
        >
        >Have you been in contact with Len about this as well? I thought the plan
        was for spring, and he was talking March??

        >-sue
      • Kevin Lightfoot
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2000
          --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "JESSE PUDWELL" <SGTPUDGLI@h...> wrote:
          > Roger,
          >
          > The group of trainers would be elite and small in number. This
          would allow
          > for a more personalized delivery to those there as "learners" and
          also a
          > shift of "learners" from one type of delivery to another so as to
          experience
          > delivery types and methods to assist the learner in finding their
          own style
          > of delivery on the field. This will also teach them to be patient
          with those
          > they instruct later in their lives as unit NCO's when they recall
          the
          > various deliveries from each individual training/instructing NCO at
          the
          > "training camp".
          >
          > The objective is to prepare L/Cpls through to Sgt.-Majors for an
          accurate
          > portrayal of their particular NCO rank but most of all to give them
          > confidence and demeanour so that they will look and act responsibly
          and
          > professionally on the re-enactment battlefields so that the
          Officers they
          > must work with will have less worry about them and more confidence
          to work
          > with them which ultimately produces an optimum display for the
          crowd, ease
          > of use of the NCO (and therefore of his unit) by the CO in charge,
          less
          > chance of accidents and a damned good feeling by all before, during
          and
          > after each re-enactment.

          If you would like to have help in this I am willing to help. I have
          been an NCO for about 25 years with the reserves and been with the
          IMUC now for 11 years. Still stuff to learn? YES absolutely. I can
          provide some background on being an NCO though. I would be
          interested in attending such a 'school' myself.