Battle of New Orleans

  • mmathews@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 15, 2000
      The History Net has an article from Military History magazine on the Battle
      of New Orleans. As the anniversary and reenactment are almost upon us I
      thought you might be interested. I'll leave it to the individual to judge
      the accuracy and worthiness of the piece. Find it at:

      http://www.thehistorynet.com/MHQ/articles/2001/winter01_cover.htm

      Michael

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 450-3535 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
      - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
    • flaterritory
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 15, 2014

        I don't have as far to go as many of you, and just moved 450 miles closer to New Orleans, so it only takes me 6.5 hours to drive there now.  I will say start making reservations now, and I am planning it to be the event of a lifetime.  The warm weather was mentioned, but come prepared for anything because it could also be below freezing during the day as it was in 2010.  This year was on the warm side, but that is not always the case.

        Sincerely,

        Chris Kimball in Florida