Film crews

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 1999
      I don't have a personal aversion to film crews being present at
      re-enactments and I have no expectation of being paid to be filmed at a
      re-enactment... but the film crew had better not start making outrageous
      demands of me. Demands that are going to cause me substantial discomfort or
      cut into my personal time and enjoyment. This is what happened with the
      MacKenna production. And Terry (and most other people) are right about it
      sucking if you look at from a reenactors point of view, particularly if you
      know what some of us went through to get some of the scenes. If you look at
      it from the view point of some one who has no knowledge of the War of 1812
      (most Canadians) then it is not a bad production. It is a good general
      overview of the war. An educational Sharpe's series if you will.

      The problem is not really with the film crews at these productions though
      but has more to do with reenactors who are so desirous of seeing their ugly
      mug on the screen that they'll do anything to get it there. The death scene
      at the CBC filming in October is particularly noteworthy with people laying
      at angles or drapping themselves over cannon at angles that would defy all
      laws of physics and gravity just so that they could say "Hey there I am..."
      Peter Twist finally got a grip on these wankers.

      The MacKenna production was everything that could be expected from the guys
      who did the Valour and the Horror while the CBC production was well done
      and very professional. Let's hope that as things continue that any future
      productions continue in this fashion. It has everything to do with us
      voicing our demands.

      Cpl. Sean Hirst
      Royal Newfoundland Reg't, Lt. Coy
      *********************************
      945-0591
    • Terry Lubka
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 1999
        Well it looks like Mr. Lozon is a little steamed about his recent filming
        adventure. Larry, didn't you want that discussion thread stopped because it
        was heated? Now you are stirring it up again (just like I initially did).
        Please don't take this as a personal attack Larry, just teasing...
        It seems everyone has to learn the hard way with film productions. I agree
        100% with everything Larry has said.

        Your humbled and Obedient Servent....

        Terry Lubka
        Toronto, Ontario
        tlubka@...
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 1999
          Terry: I remember a few weeks back when the List posted,

          "anyone out there?!?!?"

          and

          "is the list still in existence"

          well ................. :-)

          but, thanks for your response.

          >From: "Terry Lubka" <tlubka@...>
          >
          >Well it looks like Mr. Lozon is a little steamed about his recent filming
          >adventure. Larry, didn't you want that discussion thread stopped because it
          >was heated? Now you are stirring it up again (just like I initially did).
          >Please don't take this as a personal attack Larry, just teasing...
          >It seems everyone has to learn the hard way with film productions. I agree
          >100% with everything Larry has said.
          >
          >Your humbled and Obedient Servent....
          >
          >Terry Lubka
          >Toronto, Ontario