TVO War of 1812 documentary.

  • R. Feltoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 1999
      To Donald Zorniak (and anyone else who did not see TVO's War of 1812 that
      has just finished.)
      Ive got the tape done and it came out ok. I will bong off a copy for you
      this week. As a preliminary judgement of a first viewing it was (as these
      TV things usually are) a mixture of great firing shots, an opportunity to
      spot a lot of familiar faces, some very interesting titbits of historical
      information, ham acting on some individuals parts, use of totally out of
      context movie footage, an unfortunate presentation of certain incorrect
      facts and slanted viewpoints. BUT it was on the subject we all love and did
      honestly attempt at the end to honour the efforts and sacrifices of those
      who fought and died for their country. No matter which country it was!.

      I think once we have had a chance to look at it a few more times and we stop
      ourselves from our first kneejerk reaction of picking holes in the very
      obvious "oopsy's" that were bound to creep into individual scenes, we can
      feel relatively pleased with the overall end result. I suspect it may
      promote more interest in the period and it would be interesting to see if we
      get more public out at events as a result.
      Regards Richard Feltoe