Fort Willow

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2000
      Gimme a couple of days and I'll post something on my website on Fort
      Willow. When it's ready I'll post the URL on this list.

      J-P Johnson
      Royal Nfld Reg't

      J-P's Homepage: http://members.home.net/jpjohnsn/

      Battle of Georgian Bay Website:
      http://www.battleofgeorgianbay.huronia.com/

      Rob Taylor wrote:

      > --- John-Paul Johnson <jpjohnsn@...> wrote:
      > The sinking of the Nancy and the Relief of Mackinac
      > both feature Fort Willow prominently in their story.
      >
      > John-Paul, where might I find out more information on
      > Fort Willow? I have not heard of it before.
      >
      > Rob Taylor

      > http://shopping.yahoo.com/

    • lenthecooper
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2010
        Hello List,
        I'd like to thank Dave Brunelle and his happy gang of ruffians from the Royal Newfoundland Regiment for the able handling and professional management of the Fort Willow/Nine Mile Portage Event near Barrie Ontario this past Friday and Saturday.
        Apparently we received about 1100 students on Friday, (no-one being left behind this year) and a like number of other vistors Saturday. A good educational event, well received by the public and demonstrators.
        It was good to see so many old friends again.
        Thankyou all.
        Cheers,
        Len
      • seascoutleader
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
          On behalf of the On-Gwe-Ho-Way Group, we would like to also extend Chi Miigwich to Dave Brunelle and the RNR, for an excellent weekend event. To all the cooks for the PotLuck suppers on Friday and Saturday, the food was fantastic.

          Baa Maa Pii
          Hunter
          On-Gwe-Ho-Way

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "lenthecooper" <lheidebrecht@...> wrote:

          > Hello List,
          > I'd like to thank Dave Brunelle and his happy gang of ruffians from the Royal Newfoundland Regiment for the able handling and professional management of the Fort Willow/Nine Mile Portage Event near Barrie Ontario this past Friday and Saturday.
          > Apparently we received about 1100 students on Friday, (no-one being left behind this year) and a like number of other vistors Saturday. A good educational event, well received by the public and demonstrators.
          > It was good to see so many old friends again.
          > Thankyou all.
          > Cheers,
          > Len

        • David Brunelle
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2010
            Thanks Hunter!

            You and your group always put on a great show and look forward to another
            great event next year!

            David J. Brunelle, OCT

            Project Director

            Southern Georgian Bay

            War of 1812 Committee

            705-716-7124

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "lenthecooper" <lheidebrecht@...> wrote:

            > Hello List,
            > I'd like to thank Dave Brunelle and his happy gang of ruffians from the
            Royal Newfoundland Regiment for the able handling and professional
            management of the Fort Willow/Nine Mile Portage Event near Barrie Ontario
            this past Friday and Saturday.
            > Apparently we received about 1100 students on Friday, (no-one being left
            behind this year) and a like number of other vistors Saturday. A good
            educational event, well received by the public and demonstrators.
            > It was good to see so many old friends again.
            > Thankyou all.
            > Cheers,
            > Len

          • lenthecooper
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
              Hello all,

              Anyone else having a difficult time with the new administration at fort Willow?

              Cheers,

              Len
            • Tom Hurlbut
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
                Lol!

                _____

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
                  Gentlemen

                  Can you elucidate, either for the group or by PM?

                  [petemonahan@...]

                  --- "Tom Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...> wrote:

                  > Lol!

                  _____

                  On Behalf > Of lenthecooper

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 11, 2013
                    Hello All,

                    Has anyone heard anything about the education day and demonstration day at Ft Willow 13-14 Sept? My contact is apparently on maternity leave and I'd like to know something of what is expected of me before I appear Friday morning. I've had no communication with them since June. Any suggestions?

                    Cheers,

                    Len
                  • petemonahan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 12, 2013

                      Len

                      We just need you Friday morning, with vehicles off site by 9:00 am.  Clearly some miscommunicatiuon but we'll clear that up on the day.  Call my cell if you like

                      Peter Monahan

                      petemonahan@...
                      705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell