Slavkov-Austerlitz

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      I have just received a report from a friend of mine in the Czech
      Republic of the re-enactment of the Battle of Slavkov-Austerlitz. The
      original battle took place on 2nd December (Western reckoning) 1805. So
      Saturday last was the 95th anniversary.
      I have visited the site on several occasions, and it is impressive, and
      massive. This year about 1500 renactors in French, Austrian and Russian
      uniforms were present. The day was excellent.
      The good news - in 2005 there will be a 200th anniversary re-enactment.
      Since the future of Waterloo is uncertain, this might make an
      interesting alternative for some.
      Just a thought,
      Ray Hobbs
      1/41st