Re: [WarOf1812] New Orleans Event

  • Scott McDonald
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
      >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
      >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
      >be there...)
      >;-)
      >93rd SHRoFLHU

      As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
      since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
      If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
      Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
      if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
      got the officers extensive baggage :(

      Cheers
      Scott McD.
    • The_Culinary_Artist
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
        I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
        couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

        Dave Hinkley
        Fat Little Pudding Boy

        How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
        of New Orleans in January?

        Darren Nunez
        Battalion d'Orleans

        square miles...
      • mike dollinger
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
            In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

            << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
            >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
            >be there...)
            >;-)
            >93rd SHRoFLHU

            As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
            since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
            If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
            Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
            if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
            got the officers extensive baggage :(

            Extensive....!!!!??????
            Well!
            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
          • Scott McDonald
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
              >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

              Mike-
              I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
              if you want to go.
              Scott
            • Scott McDonald
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                Space is limited however since I've
                >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                > >>

                >Extensive....!!!!??????
                >Well!
                >93rd SHRoFLHU

                Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                corporal as I have.

                Cheers
                Scott McD.
                Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                PS- B. Note new smiley face above
              • Steve Hartwick
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                  Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                  Steve
                  >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                  >of New Orleans in January?
                  >
                  >Darren Nunez
                  >Battalion d'Orleans

                  square miles...

                • HQ93rd@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                    In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                    << you too
                    may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                    to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                    corporal as I have. >>

                    (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                    when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                    ;-)