Re: [WarOf1812] Chalmette participants, 2001

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      In a message dated 12/1/2000 9:38:34 AM Central Standard Time,
      fullerfamily@... writes:

      << From: crttop7311@...
      Subject: Re: New Orleans Event

      Count two from the 3/95th.... >>

      One thought there Eric, If those who have them want to bring down 14th Lt.
      Dragoon kit too that could be used for the lantern tour. The 14th provided
      the headquarters guards during the campaign.

      All we need now is an opinionated rifles offices constantly butting in and
      telling everyone how it should be done. I don't know id Harry Smith actually
      did that but his memoirs certainly make it sound that way!

      Cheers

      Tim (who also intends to be there!)
    • crttop7311@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for a
        missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
        here>
      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
          In a message dated 12/1/2000 4:12:36 PM Central Standard Time,
          crttop7311@... writes:

          << The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for
          missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
          here> >>

          Yes, quite familiar with how the private soldier behaves when in the presence
          of the officers stores!

          Cheers
        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000

            crttop7311@... writes:

            << The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for
            missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
            here> >>

            Yes, quite familiar with how the private soldier behaves when in the presence
            of the officers stores! >>

            I could care less about any Port...I want back one of my brass port/cordial
            cups some damned tourist pinched last year!
            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
          • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000
              -
              > I could care less about any Port...I want back one of my brass
              port/cordial
              > cups some damned tourist pinched last year!

              Yikes! I take it somebody pinched it from your tent? If so, I better
              hang onto everything I bring down. Hey- who's that guy in green who's
              got his pack on and his gun slung the whole weekend? :^)

              Roger
              3/95th (Rifles)