Re: [WarOf1812] New Orleans Event

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
      In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      dnunez1@... writes:

      << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
      of New Orleans in January?

      Darren Nunez
      Battalion d'Orleans

      You can count on the Royal Engineers to screw up the dam again! See ya
      there...

      JG/RE
    • Scott McDonald
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
        >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
        >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
        >be there...)
        >;-)
        >93rd SHRoFLHU

        As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
        since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
        If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
        Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
        if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
        got the officers extensive baggage :(

        Cheers
        Scott McD.
      • The_Culinary_Artist
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
          I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
          couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

          Dave Hinkley
          Fat Little Pudding Boy

          How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
          of New Orleans in January?

          Darren Nunez
          Battalion d'Orleans

          square miles...
        • mike dollinger
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

          • HQ93rd@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
              In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

              << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
              >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
              >be there...)
              >;-)
              >93rd SHRoFLHU

              As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
              since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
              If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
              Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
              if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
              got the officers extensive baggage :(

              Extensive....!!!!??????
              Well!
              93rd SHRoFLHU
              THE Thin Red Line
              http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
            • Scott McDonald
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

                Mike-
                I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
                if you want to go.
                Scott
              • Scott McDonald
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                  Space is limited however since I've
                  >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                  > >>

                  >Extensive....!!!!??????
                  >Well!
                  >93rd SHRoFLHU

                  Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                  those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                  trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                  should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                  other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                  vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                  may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                  to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                  corporal as I have.

                  Cheers
                  Scott McD.
                  Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                  PS- B. Note new smiley face above
                • Steve Hartwick
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                    Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                    Steve
                    >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                    >of New Orleans in January?
                    >
                    >Darren Nunez
                    >Battalion d'Orleans

                    square miles...

                  • HQ93rd@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                      In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                      << you too
                      may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                      to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                      corporal as I have. >>

                      (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                      when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                      ;-)