Chalmette participants, 2001

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:14:00 EST
      From: crttop7311@...
      Subject: Re: New Orleans Event

      Count two from the 3/95th....

      plus two more of the 3/95th, 1st Coy., from NE (Chris Malany and I) will
      make it four. Maybe more.

      Roger
      3/95th

      "Les Sauterelles, bon Dieu!"
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        In a message dated 12/1/2000 9:38:34 AM Central Standard Time,
        fullerfamily@... writes:

        << From: crttop7311@...

        Count two from the 3/95th.... >>

        One thought there Eric, If those who have them want to bring down 14th Lt.
        Dragoon kit too that could be used for the lantern tour. The 14th provided
        the headquarters guards during the campaign.

        All we need now is an opinionated rifles offices constantly butting in and
        telling everyone how it should be done. I don't know id Harry Smith actually
        did that but his memoirs certainly make it sound that way!

        Cheers

        Tim (who also intends to be there!)
      • crttop7311@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
          The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for a
          missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
          here>
        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
            In a message dated 12/1/2000 4:12:36 PM Central Standard Time,
            crttop7311@... writes:

            << The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for
            missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
            here> >>

            Yes, quite familiar with how the private soldier behaves when in the presence
            of the officers stores!

            Cheers
          • HQ93rd@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000

              crttop7311@... writes:

              << The last time the 14th was around headquarters we were called to task for
              missing bottle of port from the officers mess. <insert look of innocence
              here> >>

              Yes, quite familiar with how the private soldier behaves when in the presence
              of the officers stores! >>

              I could care less about any Port...I want back one of my brass port/cordial
              cups some damned tourist pinched last year!
              93rd SHRoFLHU
              THE Thin Red Line
              http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
            • fullerfamily@sprintmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000
                -
                > I could care less about any Port...I want back one of my brass
                port/cordial
                > cups some damned tourist pinched last year!

                Yikes! I take it somebody pinched it from your tent? If so, I better
                hang onto everything I bring down. Hey- who's that guy in green who's
                got his pack on and his gun slung the whole weekend? :^)

                Roger
                3/95th (Rifles)