Re: [WarOf1812] New Orleans Event

  • Steve Abolt
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
      > In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:48 PM,
      > dnunez1@... writes:
      >
      > << How many on this list are planning to attend the
      > anniversary of the Battle
      > of New Orleans in January?

      The 7th U.S. Infantry LHA will be attending. Look
      forward to seeing all there.

      All the best,
      Steve Abolt

      =====
      Cottonbalers, By God!

      visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
        In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        dnunez1@... writes:

        << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
        of New Orleans in January?

        Darren Nunez
        Battalion d'Orleans

        You can count on the Royal Engineers to screw up the dam again! See ya
        there...

        JG/RE
      • Scott McDonald
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
          >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
          >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
          >be there...)
          >;-)
          >93rd SHRoFLHU

          As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
          since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
          If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
          Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
          if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
          got the officers extensive baggage :(

          Cheers
          Scott McD.
        • The_Culinary_Artist
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
            I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
            couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

            Dave Hinkley
            Fat Little Pudding Boy

            How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
            of New Orleans in January?

            Darren Nunez
            Battalion d'Orleans

            square miles...
          • mike dollinger
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

            • HQ93rd@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

                << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
                >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
                >be there...)
                >;-)
                >93rd SHRoFLHU

                As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
                since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
                If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
                Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
                if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
                got the officers extensive baggage :(

                Extensive....!!!!??????
                Well!
                93rd SHRoFLHU
                THE Thin Red Line
                http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
              • Scott McDonald
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                  >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

                  Mike-
                  I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
                  if you want to go.
                  Scott
                • Scott McDonald
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                    Space is limited however since I've
                    >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                    > >>

                    >Extensive....!!!!??????
                    >Well!
                    >93rd SHRoFLHU

                    Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                    those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                    trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                    should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                    other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                    vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                    may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                    to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                    corporal as I have.

                    Cheers
                    Scott McD.
                    Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                    PS- B. Note new smiley face above
                  • Steve Hartwick
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                      Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                      Steve
                      >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                      >of New Orleans in January?
                      >
                      >Darren Nunez
                      >Battalion d'Orleans

                      square miles...

                    • HQ93rd@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                        In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                        << you too
                        may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                        to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                        corporal as I have. >>

                        (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                        when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                        ;-)