RE: [WarOf1812] New Orleans Event

  • NUNEZ, DARREN D
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
      We luvs Popeye's too, but it don't luvs us!

      I'll pack some Imodium and Tums in case it don't luvs you either!

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
        > In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:48 PM,
        > dnunez1@... writes:
        >
        > << How many on this list are planning to attend the
        > anniversary of the Battle
        > of New Orleans in January?

        The 7th U.S. Infantry LHA will be attending. Look
        forward to seeing all there.

        All the best,
        Steve Abolt

        =====
        Cottonbalers, By God!

        visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
          In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          dnunez1@... writes:

          << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
          of New Orleans in January?

          Darren Nunez
          Battalion d'Orleans

          You can count on the Royal Engineers to screw up the dam again! See ya
          there...

          JG/RE
        • Scott McDonald
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
            >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
            >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
            >be there...)
            >;-)
            >93rd SHRoFLHU

            As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
            since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
            If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
            Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
            if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
            got the officers extensive baggage :(

            Cheers
            Scott McD.
          • The_Culinary_Artist
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
              I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
              couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

              Dave Hinkley
              Fat Little Pudding Boy

              How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
              of New Orleans in January?

              Darren Nunez
              Battalion d'Orleans

              square miles...
            • mike dollinger
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

              • HQ93rd@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                  In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

                  << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
                  >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
                  >be there...)
                  >;-)
                  >93rd SHRoFLHU

                  As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
                  since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
                  If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
                  Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
                  if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
                  got the officers extensive baggage :(

                  Extensive....!!!!??????
                  Well!
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                    >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

                    Mike-
                    I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
                    if you want to go.
                    Scott
                  • Scott McDonald
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                      Space is limited however since I've
                      >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                      > >>

                      >Extensive....!!!!??????
                      >Well!
                      >93rd SHRoFLHU

                      Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                      those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                      trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                      should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                      other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                      vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                      may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                      to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                      corporal as I have.

                      Cheers
                      Scott McD.
                      Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                      PS- B. Note new smiley face above
                    • Steve Hartwick
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                        Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                        Steve
                        >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                        >of New Orleans in January?
                        >
                        >Darren Nunez
                        >Battalion d'Orleans

                        square miles...

                      • HQ93rd@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                          In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                          << you too
                          may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                          to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                          corporal as I have. >>

                          (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                          when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                          ;-)