Re: [WarOf1812] New Orleans Event

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2000
      Hi Darren and all,

      I am planning to go and have a friend who will share the driving so I
      ought to be able to make it. I will e portraying Maj. Tatum, one of
      Jackson's Engineers.

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      Fort Osage Garrison
    • NUNEZ, DARREN D
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
        We luvs Popeye's too, but it don't luvs us!

        I'll pack some Imodium and Tums in case it don't luvs you either!

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
          > In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:48 PM,
          > dnunez1@... writes:
          >
          > << How many on this list are planning to attend the
          > anniversary of the Battle
          > of New Orleans in January?

          The 7th U.S. Infantry LHA will be attending. Look
          forward to seeing all there.

          All the best,
          Steve Abolt

          =====
          Cottonbalers, By God!

          visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

          http://shopping.yahoo.com/
        • JGIL1812@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
            In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            dnunez1@... writes:

            << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
            of New Orleans in January?

            Darren Nunez
            Battalion d'Orleans

            You can count on the Royal Engineers to screw up the dam again! See ya
            there...

            JG/RE
          • Scott McDonald
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
              >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
              >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
              >be there...)
              >;-)
              >93rd SHRoFLHU

              As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
              since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
              If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
              Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
              if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
              got the officers extensive baggage :(

              Cheers
              Scott McD.
            • The_Culinary_Artist
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
                I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
                couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

                Dave Hinkley
                Fat Little Pudding Boy

                How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                of New Orleans in January?

                Darren Nunez
                Battalion d'Orleans

                square miles...
              • mike dollinger
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

                • HQ93rd@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                    In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

                    << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
                    >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
                    >be there...)
                    >;-)
                    >93rd SHRoFLHU

                    As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
                    since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
                    If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
                    Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
                    if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
                    got the officers extensive baggage :(

                    Extensive....!!!!??????
                    Well!
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                      >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

                      Mike-
                      I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
                      if you want to go.
                      Scott
                    • Scott McDonald
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                        Space is limited however since I've
                        >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                        > >>

                        >Extensive....!!!!??????
                        >Well!
                        >93rd SHRoFLHU

                        Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                        those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                        trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                        should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                        other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                        vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                        may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                        to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                        corporal as I have.

                        Cheers
                        Scott McD.
                        Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                        PS- B. Note new smiley face above
                      • Steve Hartwick
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                          Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                          Steve
                          >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                          >of New Orleans in January?
                          >
                          >Darren Nunez
                          >Battalion d'Orleans

                          square miles...

                        • HQ93rd@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                            In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                            << you too
                            may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                            to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                            corporal as I have. >>

                            (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                            when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                            ;-)