New Orleans Event

  • NUNEZ, DARREN D
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2000
      How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
      of New Orleans in January?

      Darren Nunez
      Battalion d'Orleans
    • dancingbobd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2000
        Hi Darren and all,

        I am planning to go and have a friend who will share the driving so I
        ought to be able to make it. I will e portraying Maj. Tatum, one of
        Jackson's Engineers.

        Regards,

        Bob Dorian
        Fort Osage Garrison
      • crttop7311@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2000
          Count two from the 3/95th....
        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2000
            In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:48 PM, dnunez1@... writes:

            << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
            of New Orleans in January?

            Darren Nunez
            Battalion d'Orleans >>

            I is!!!!!
            Git dat Popeye's chikun ready!!!

            (And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
            others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
            be there...)
            ;-)
            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
          • NUNEZ, DARREN D
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
              We luvs Popeye's too, but it don't luvs us!

              I'll pack some Imodium and Tums in case it don't luvs you either!

              << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the
              Battle
              of New Orleans in January?

              Darren Nunez
              Battalion d'Orleans >>

              I is!!!!!
              Git dat Popeye's chikun ready!!!

              (And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
              others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
              be there...)
              ;-)
              93rd SHRoFLHU
              THE Thin Red Line
              http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd

              square miles...
            • Steve Abolt
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
                > In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:48 PM,
                > dnunez1@... writes:
                >
                > << How many on this list are planning to attend the
                > anniversary of the Battle
                > of New Orleans in January?

                The 7th U.S. Infantry LHA will be attending. Look
                forward to seeing all there.

                All the best,
                Steve Abolt

                =====
                Cottonbalers, By God!

                visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

                http://shopping.yahoo.com/
              • JGIL1812@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
                  In a message dated 11/30/00 1:06:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                  dnunez1@... writes:

                  << How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                  of New Orleans in January?

                  Darren Nunez
                  Battalion d'Orleans

                  You can count on the Royal Engineers to screw up the dam again! See ya
                  there...

                  JG/RE
                • Scott McDonald
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
                    >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
                    >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
                    >be there...)
                    >;-)
                    >93rd SHRoFLHU

                    As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
                    since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
                    If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
                    Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
                    if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
                    got the officers extensive baggage :(

                    Cheers
                    Scott McD.
                  • The_Culinary_Artist
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
                      I'm planning on it if I can get out of an audit at work. I was advised a
                      couple of days back my vacation was revoked until this issue is resolved.

                      Dave Hinkley
                      Fat Little Pudding Boy

                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 2, 2000

                      • HQ93rd@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                          In a message dated 12/1/00 7:14:55 PM, raintree@... writes:

                          << >(And 3 others of the 93rd from California plan to go, along with 8 to 15
                          >others from across the country. Having said that, 3 of us will now actually
                          >be there...)
                          >;-)
                          >93rd SHRoFLHU

                          As one of those other 93rd guys, I can only say that I have been every year
                          since 1990 so I'll be making the 11 hour trek from Southern Indiana again.
                          If any body wants a ride let me know, all you have to do is get to New
                          Harmony IN (near Evansville) and leave the drivig to me. It would be nice
                          if you chiped in for gas as well :) Space is limited however since I've
                          got the officers extensive baggage :(

                          Extensive....!!!!??????
                          Well!
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                            >>when are you leaving and returning? Mike Dollinger

                            Mike-
                            I drive all day Thursday; returning Sunday and Monday. Contact me off list
                            if you want to go.
                            Scott
                          • Scott McDonald
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 3, 2000
                              Space is limited however since I've
                              >got the officers extensive baggage :)
                              > >>

                              >Extensive....!!!!??????
                              >Well!
                              >93rd SHRoFLHU

                              Yes indeed and perhaps I should have said expensive as well, what with all
                              those little brass cups, china, silver and all, but thank goodness I am not
                              trusted with those delicate bits else I might get blamed if any of it
                              should go missing. Just the canvass, ropes, poles, furnishings and such
                              other stuff that dosen't mind a bit of knocking about in the back of my
                              vehicle is what I've got. And just a word for you other rankers... you too
                              may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                              to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                              corporal as I have.

                              Cheers
                              Scott McD.
                              Cpl. 93rd SHRoFLHU
                              PS- B. Note new smiley face above
                            • Steve Hartwick
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                                Two from the Royal Scots in London, Ont.

                                Steve
                                >How many on this list are planning to attend the anniversary of the Battle
                                >of New Orleans in January?
                                >
                                >Darren Nunez
                                >Battalion d'Orleans

                                square miles...

                              • HQ93rd@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 4, 2000
                                  In a message dated 12/3/00 4:07:22 PM, raintree@... writes:

                                  << you too
                                  may get to experience the joy of carrying your officers tent and furniture
                                  to events if you shoud be fortunate enough to advance to the rank of
                                  corporal as I have. >>

                                  (And if I recall rightly, it was his idea to stow my tentage at his place,
                                  when I had to move to Ca, but never mind all that nowwwwwwww...)
                                  ;-)