Was: Re: [WarOf1812] 2001Re-enactment dates, now: Symposium...

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2000
      Hey- I thought the War of 1812 Symposium was supposed to be in Boston, MA at
      the Charlestown Navy Yard, right by the USS Constitution?
      -

      I symposium I wuz wrong.....

      Roger
      3/95th (Rifles)

      WarOf1812/Message 3431 of 8344

      From: Christopher George <christg@f...>
      Date: Sun Dec 12, 1999 6:31pm
      Subject: Re: Living History Conference 2001

      Tom Ross wrote:

      "I've been away for awhile and saw the many posts about the conference. I
      know everyone knows it is is in Hamilton in 2000. They have a wonderful
      format and a great list of seminars. The format over the last several years
      has been to move the location and change the theme each year. This type of
      activity takes an enormous effort and I applaude the organizers in
      Hamiliton!!! That said I had hoped that some other group would take this
      event on for 2001. Are there any interested groups? Tje one list is a great
      formum to discuss this idea."

      ----

      Hi, all:

      In 2001, our Fifth National War of 1812 Symposium will be held in
      cooperation with with the USS Constitution Museum at the Boston Navy Yard.
      Any chance of piggybacking the 2001 Living History Conference with our
      event, which would be Fall 2001, or do you prefer to keep the Living History
      Conference in the Spring and in Canada?

      Best regards

      Chris George
      War of 1812 Consortium, Inc. Editor, Journal of the War of 1812
      http://www.cronab.demon.co.uk/jour.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2000
        In a message dated 11/21/00 1:22:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        fullerfamily@... writes:

        > Hey- I thought the War of 1812 Symposium was supposed to be in Boston, MA at
        > the Charlestown Navy Yard, right by the USS Constitution?
        > -
        >
        > I symposium I wuz wrong.....

        I believe that there are two different syposiums: one in the Midwest and one
        in the East. The eastern one has traditionally been in the fall.

        Ed Seufert, LCpl
        1812 Royal Marines