Re: steel nibs

  • Chris Wattie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      > to write as a rule. So if showing a writing desk,
      > (back to the question) ..... the answer is,
      > "use a pencil or a quill"
      > In my humble opinion ...........

      I beg to differ. Seems to me there's
      quite a bit of evidence that metal nibs
      were in use well before 1812-14,
      although perhaps not steel and of
      course only by the "educated" classes.
      Why nit-pick over how many nibs can
      dance on the head of a quill?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        re:Message
        From: Chris Wattie <cwattie@...>

        I beg to differ.
        Why nit-pick over how many nibs can
        dance on the head of a quill?

        Cause, to quote a seasoned re-enactor I know,
        " if you can't specifically document it, DON"T
        USE IT "