stell nib pens

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2000
      Re: Original Messages
      From: Col Sjt Jones <chimera1@...>
      >.....steel nib pens were in use in 1812. Use
      > them and do not feel embarrassed.
      > __________
      Larry - at 61 years I must admit I cannot document all my
      observations (Altshiemers?[sic]). Although on some subjects I can
      profer documentation, pens have not been one of my preoccupations.
      But my synopsis of a lot of reading has been that metal nibs were in
      use. Maybe Napolean or his clerks had a hangup.I must leave it to
      other more informed people to state the case.
      Doug :

      I just figured as you came back to Max's question so fast and
      that you said,
      ".....steel nib pens were in use in 1812.
      Use them and do not feel embarrassed. "

      I figured you knew for sure that there were indeed steel nibs in
      Upper Canada in 1812!

      If we tell someone to do something and it isn't Historically Correct
      or there is no documentation well ...........you know :^)