Re: pens

  • Col Sjt Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...> wrote:
      > Re: a Message-----
      > From: Col Sjt Jones <chimera1@s...>
      >

      > .....steel nib pens were in use in 1812. Use
      > them and do not feel embarrassed.
      > __________
      >
      > Do you have 1st hand documentation for this?
      >
      > I have seen Napoleon's camp gear as well as
      > Officer's writing desks from North America
      > and Europe that were used during the War
      > of 1812 and have not seen metal nibs?!?!

      Larry - at 61 years I must admit I cannot document all my
      observations (Altshiemers?[sic]). Although on some subjects I can
      profer documentation, pens have not been one of my preoccupations.
      But my synopsis of a lot of reading has been that metal nibs were in
      use. Maybe Napolean or his clerks had a hangup.

      I must leave it to other more informed people to state the case.

      Doug