FYI: Flag Info

  • Tom Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000
      Check out this web page for a bit of interesting information about
      Samuel Chester Reid.

      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7933/flagreid.html

      There was a question a little while ago about how the flag came to be
      13 stripes and a star for each state. This webpage gives some
      pertinent information and also an interesting tidbit about how
      Jackson got some extra time to prepare for the British assault on New
      Orleans.

      (Whew, just one little snippet for all the information that I know
      I've got but can't relocate. I'm trying to reorganize my library,
      actually, I'm still unpacking books from my move a year and a half
      ago.)