Re: [WarOf1812] Mississenewa

  • crttop7311@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
      We actually amended (and altered<gulp>) this tradition to include all present day members of the unit and drank everyone into the regimental mess at Mississenewa. We even have a rather antiquated chamber pot that fit the bill rather nicely...well sanitized of course. The rest of the "ceremony" shall remain cloaked in mystery.

      Eric Matthews,
      XIV L.D.
    • Stephen Allie
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
        --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, mmathews@V... wrote:
        > >Would all who attended Mississinewa 1812/2000
        > >please sign your name below,
        > >
        > >thanks,
        > >____________________________________
        > >
        > >The following are those who attended
        > >Mississinewa 1812/2000
        > >(in alphabetical order ~ last name)
        > >

        > Steve Abolt
        Christy Allie
        Patrick Allie
        > Stephen Allie
        > Richard Feltoe
        > Steve Hartwick
        John King
        Richard King
        > Larry Lozon
        Eric Matthews
        > Michael Mathews
        >
        > >________________________
        > >
        > >PS: No reason for this list,
        > >other than to find out
        > >who did not say 'hello'
        >
        > Anybody besides me have the blue ribbon on their tent to show a
        OneLister?

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
          In a message dated 10/10/2000 5:03:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
          crttop7311@... writes:

          << We even have a rather antiquated chamber pot that fit the bill rather
          nicely >>

          well Eric you do know that it should be silver gilt don't you? :-)

          Cheers with an evil cackle!

          Tim
        • Andrew S. Finch
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
            The following are those who attended
            Mississinewa 1812/2000
            (in alphabetical order ~ last name)

            Steve Abolt
            Stephen Allie
            Richard Feltoe
            Andrew Finch
            Steve Hartwick
            Larry Lozon
          • crttop7311@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
              Alas, porcelain is the best we could do. Our coffers are not a match for
              those of a king,

              ...with a sardonic grin.

              EM
            • Tom Lawrence
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
                --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "Stephen Allie" <allies@r...> wrote:
                > --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, mmathews@V... wrote:
                > > >Would all who attended Mississinewa 1812/2000
                > > >please sign your name below,
                > > >
                > > >thanks,
                > > >____________________________________
                > > >
                > > >The following are those who attended
                > > >Mississinewa 1812/2000
                > > >(in alphabetical order ~ last name)
                > > >

                > > Steve Abolt
                > Christy Allie
                > Patrick Allie
                > > Stephen Allie
                > > Richard Feltoe
                > > Steve Hartwick
                > John King
                > Richard King
                Tom Lawrence

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
                  >From: "Tom Lawrence" <manipi@...>
                  >To: WarOf1812@egroups.com
                  >Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: Mississenewa
                  >Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:13:17 -0000
                  >
                  >--- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "Stephen Allie" <allies@r...> wrote:

                  > > > Steve Abolt
                  > > Christy Allie
                  > > Patrick Allie
                  > > > Stephen Allie Mike Dollinger
                  > > > Richard Feltoe
                  > > > Steve Hartwick
                  > > John King
                  > > Richard King
                  >Tom Lawrence
                  > > > Larry Lozon
                  > > Eric Matthews
                  > > > Michael Mathews

                  > > > Anybody besides me have the blue ribbon on their tent to show a
                  > > OneLister?
                  > > > It was an idea from last year and I never took it off my wedge.
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael Mathews -- Winona State University
                  > > > Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 450-3535 Fax: (507) 280-5568

                  http://profiles.msn.com
                • ZORNIAK D
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
                    Larry Lozon wrote:

                    > Would all who attended Mississinewa 1812/2000
                    > please sign your name below,
                    >
                    > thanks,
                    > ____________________________________
                    >
                    > The following are those who attended
                    > Mississinewa 1812/2000
                    > (in alphabetical order ~ last name)
                    >
                    > Steve Abolt
                    > Stephen Allie
                    > Richard Feltoe
                    > Steve Hartwick
                    > Larry Lozon
                    > Don Zorniak
                  • mike dollinger
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
                      >From: ZORNIAK D <zorniak1@...>
                      >To: WarOf1812@egroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Mississenewa
                      >Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:29:01 -0500
                      >

                      >Larry Lozon wrote:
                      >
                      > > Would all who attended Mississinewa 1812/2000
                      > > please sign your name below,
                      > >
                      > > thanks,
                      > > ____________________________________
                      > >
                      > > The following are those who attended
                      > > Mississinewa 1812/2000
                      > > (in alphabetical order ~ last name)
                      > >
                      > > Steve Abolt
                      > Mike Dollinger

                      http://profiles.msn.com
                    • The_Culinary_Artist
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 12, 2000
                        The following are those who attended
                        Mississinewa 1812/2000
                        (in alphabetical order ~ last name)

                        Steve Abolt
                        Stephen Allie
                        Richard Feltoe
                        Steve Hartwick
                        Dave Hinkley
                        Larry Lozon

                        square miles...
                      • HQ93rd@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 13, 2000
                          In a message dated 10/10/00 2:26:20 PM, BritcomHMP@... writes:

                          << << We captured King Joseph's chamberpot at Vitoria...thereafter the 14th
                          were
                          the "Emperors Chambermaids". Prior to that they were known as the hawks in
                          reference to the emblem on their helmet plates.

                          There was a regimental tradition that grew up connected to the chamber pot.
                          New officers attending the mess for the first time were presented with the
                          pot containing a two sausages and a quantity of champagne, the new officer
                          had to consume the contents!

                          Nooooo...Tim......now you've done it!
                          Just think what they'll make us do at Chalmette in January after the last
                          time when they were "received" into the 93rd's Mess!
                          Oy vay!
                          93rd SHRoFLHU
                          THE Thin Red Line
                          http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
                        • crttop7311@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 14, 2000
                            Actually benton, as I told Tim, we amended the ritual so you will have
                            something to look forward to. We will probably be at N.O. as 95th Rifles so
                            you may have to wait until Miss. But we have planned on bringing you into
                            the mess.....