Re: Roosevelt's Naval War Book

  • Timothy Avery
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2000
      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "Dave Hill" <dave.bev@h...> wrote:
      > Tom,
      >
      > I hate to nit pick, well truthfully I really don't, but there are
      > a couple of misconceptions in your message. Trafalgar did not save
      > the British Isles from invasion. The fleet maneuvers of the
      previous

      Dave:

      Hope you won't mind me inbutting here.
      A good solid work on the British v. French naval doctrine and
      strategy and the ramifications thereof is Empire of the North
      Atlantic by Gerald S. Graham. For the Jonathan perspective, one
      should consult Alfred Thayer Mahan's second volume on seapower, which
      covers the 1812 period.

      Yo ho ho and a gill of watered-down Pusser's
      T.Avery