tecumseh

  • Ibbotson, Mark [LSS]
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
      respect is naming a war ship after him.

      Ibbo
    • Fitzhugh MacCrae
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        --- "Ibbotson, Mark [LSS]"
        <m.ibbotson@...> wrote:
        > respect is naming a war ship after him.
        >
        > Ibbo

        > the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North
        > America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
        > of square miles...

        They did - several, in fact. Also, a favorite march of
        the US Regulars in 1814 was titled "Tecumseh".

        I thought the movie about him that Turner did was a
        complete lashup, tho - especially the battle at the
        River Thames.

        They also missed the main point about him - Tecumseh
        was probably the most decent, honorable and chivalrous
        leader on either side, or eitther race - this was
        ignored by Turner/Fonda who were trying to portray him
        as some sort of Indian Ho Chi Minh...assholes.

        Fitz

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • JimYaworsky Chairperson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
          [snip]
          >They also missed the main point about him - Tecumseh
          >was probably the most decent, honorable and chivalrous
          >leader on either side, or eitther race - [snip]
          >
          >Fitz

          Jim says: finally, something me & Fitz unconditionally agree on! ;>)

          http://profiles.msn.com