Tecumseh Honoured

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
      Wapole Island, Ontario, Canada ~

      The Shawnee War Chief Tecumseh, will be remembered
      and honoured by First Nations Peoples on Walpole Island,
      October 7th, 2000. Walpole Island is a Potowatami Indian
      Reservation located north of Detroit on the eastern Canadian
      shore of Lake St. Clair at the mouth of the St. Clair River,

      Tecumseh tried to build an alliance of Indian Nations from
      the Great Lakes to Florida, to protect and defend their way of life,
      lands and waters. Many Aboriginal People in the Southwestern
      Ontario area trace their ancestors back to the men and women
      who fought with him as British allies during the War of 1812.

      The celebration will include a pipe ceremonies, songs,
      speeches and a feast andstart at 2:30pm at the Delaware First
      Nation Community Centre.
    • lee caripidis
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        Is there something amiss with the e-group ? I haven't rec'd any postings
        for two days.
        Lee.
      • MAXINE TROTTIER
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
          And there is the rebuilt Tecumseth, a grand vessel crewed by a grand
          company of reenactors.
          Max

          Maxine Trottier
          maxitrot@...