Grande Tactique 2001

  • mmathews@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      Adding to the event list for 2001, the Brigade Napoleon Grande Tactique.
      April 27-29 we will be returning to Ballestone Manor in Baltimore, MD. The
      theme is an "Ecole du soldat" with an emphasis on drill. This is our
      warm-up event for Waterloo and should have maximum attendance as the 21e is
      requiring all easterly participants to attend this event or Fort Mifflin
      this November for example. There should be four French cavalry units
      represented as well. (Hussars and Dragoons) Amenities will be at a bare
      bones minimum along the lines of wood, water, straw and porta-johns.
      Public will be welcome, but the manor isn't doing any advertising. All
      Coalition or 1812 units are welcome to attend. A good opportunity to
      practice forming square for those travelling later to Belgium. Some
      individuals from England will be coming over as well. Will post more
      information as it becomes available. Watch in Smoke and Fire for contact
      information, etc.

      Michael

      War of 1812/2001 Events List

      March 17-18 Kalamazoo Living History Show, Kalamazoo Mich.
      March 24-25 War of 1812 Symposium, St. Louis Missouri
      April 27-29 Brigade Napoleon Grande Tactique, Baltimore MD
      May 5-6 Battle of Longwoods, London Ontario
      May 26-27 Fort Meigs 1812 Encampment Perrysburg Ohio
      May 26-27 North West Company Fur Post, Pine City, MN
      June 16-17 Ft. Meigs Timeline Perrysburg Ohio
      June ? Waterloo Belgium
      July 4 Ft. Meigs Independance Day Celebration
      July 28-29 Ft. Meigs Fife & Drum Band weekend
      Aug 23-26 Battle of Georgian Bay Penetanguishene Ont
      Sept 8-9 Battle of Lake Erie Event, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
      Sept 15-16 Ft. Meigs 1813 Seige Weekend
      Sept 30 - Oct 1 St. Leonards Creek, Jefferson-Patterson Park,
      St. Leonard, Maryland
      Oct 5-6-7 Mississinewa 1812, Marion, Indiana

      War of 1812/2002 Events List

      Oct 11,12,13, Mississinewa 1812, Marion, Indiana

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 450-3535 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
      - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)