Citizenship a modern word for alliegence

  • Ibbotson, Mark [LSS]
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2000
      The only way i can think of a foreigner becoming British back in those days, was for that person to swear an oath to the British monarch.

      The Acadians were given this option during the F&I war. many French folk were deported whilst others remained. I assume those that remained had sworn the oath.

      Somthing we could do with today here in blighty i may add.

      Ibbo