Notification of subscription to WarOf1812

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 13, 1999
      Hello,
      to jwilliams@...
      who has has subscribed to your
      War Of 1812 ONElist

      J. Williams please introduce yourself
      please tell us where you live
      city, state/province, country
      and what unit you belong to
      as well as what country's forces you represent.

      Welcome to the Global family of
      1812 OneList Subscribers.

      Jim Yaworsky - Moderator
      Larry Lozon - Assistant moderator
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 22, 1999
        From: 1812ONElist

        This is notification to tell you that
        Mark Canady
        redcoat1779@...
        has subscribed to your list WarOf1812.

        Mark:
        Please introduce yourself
        and tell us where you live (city,
        state/province, country) and if
        you are a re-enactor, what unit and
        country's forces do you represent.
        Welcome to the War of 1812 OneList

        Jim Yaworsky - Moderator
        Larry Lozon - Assistant Moderator
      • Mark Canady
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 22, 1999
          Larry Lozon <lalozon@...> wrote:

          > Mark:
          > Please introduce yourself
          > and tell us where you live (city,
          > state/province, country)

          I live in Columbus, Indiana, USA.

          and if you are a re-enactor, what unit and
          >country's forces do you represent.

          I am a reenactor. I'm a private in the King's Regiment, General's
          Company (Revolutionary War, that is). I am not a War of 1812
          reenactor. I have been on the list before, but could not handle the
          large amount of email it produced. Since I can handle more email now,
          I'm back.

          ==
          Sincerely,
          Mark Canady
          King's Regt, NWTA
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 9, 1999
            This is notification to tell you that

            Alan Austin alajr@...

            Welcome to the 1812 OneList
            Alan. Please tell us where you
            live and what re-enactment group
            tou belong to..........

            For your info, here is a who is
            subscribers list
            by date email address
            and date of subscription:

            yawors1@... James Yaworsky
            lalozon@... Larry A. Lozon
            faust86@...
            niagara_falls_98@... Rob Taylor
            pwschulz@... Paul Schulz
            acesllc@...
            ninety3rd@...
            viking04@... David Carpenter
            shartwic@... Steve Hartwick
            fullerfamily@... Roger Fuller
            raintree@... Scott McDonald
            jburrill@... Jim Burrill
            jsek@... John Sek
            shirst@... Sean Hirst
            neitz@... Neitz
            rosst@... tom ross
            SGTPUDGLI@... Sergeant Pud
            david_webb@... david webb
            awoodley@... Anne Woodley
            ScottB1120@... Scott Bendle
            ixreg@... Peter Catley
            southernboy@... J. S. Freeman
            BritcomHMP@... Timothy Pickles
            micbro@... Michael Brown
            stuartlowry@... Stuart Lowry
            abateman@... Andrew Bateman
            BarryS@... Barry Sandler
            leopold@... Derek and Lynda Leopold
            pavkovic@... Michael Pavkovic
            maxitrot@...
            gschult3@... Greg Schultz (Brass)
            gli@...
            rchism@... rob chism
            melvis@... Malcolm Mason
            pierre.oliver@... Pierre Oliver
            fridguy@... Michael Somerville
            CSWAFFIE@... Chris Swaffield
            allan@... Allan and Rosemary Jones
            lrentner@...
            feltoe@...
            doc41st@...
            mmathews@...
            dis.general@...
            fhunter@... Frank Hunter
            MLB.md.history@... Michael Bennett
            bashore@...
            dsluhan@... Diana Sluhan
            DNBAG@...
            apk@... Anthony Kornasiewicz
            WARSMR@... Susan Ramsey
            JGIL1812@... John Gilmour
            ICHRISTOPHER@... Ivor Christopher
            Peter_Hug@...
            SACBG7@... Steve Abolt
            gtordiff@... Robert Tordiff
            gwernke@...
            zorniak@... Donald Zorniak
            medinamojo@... Robert Morrissey
            tlubka@... Terry Lubka
            jwilliams@...
            cfranke@... Chris Franke
            redcoat1779@... Mark Canady
            abateman@... Andrew Bateman
            alajr@... Alan Austin
            Note: if your name is not beside your e-mail address it is because when you
            subscribed, you did not fill in the blank that said, "NAME".
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 11, 1999
              This is a notification message sent
              to tell you that:

              Gregory Butt gbutt@...

              has subscribed to your list WarOf1812.

              Welcome to the 1812 ONElist Gregory,
              please tell us where you live and
              what re-enactment group you
              belong to.

              Thanks for subscribing.

              Jim Yaworsky, moderator
              Larry Lozon, moderator #2
              1812 OneList
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 11, 1999
                This is a notification message
                sent to tell you that

                Kent Stewart

                rondeau@...

                has subscribed to your list WarOf1812.

                Welcome to the 1812 OneList
                Please tell us where you live
                and what re-enactment group
                you belong to.

                Again, welcome to the

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 12, 1999
                  This is notification message
                  sent to tell you that

                  lgsteph@...

                  who has not registered by name
                  has subscribed to your list WarOf1812.

                  Welcome to the 1812 OneList
                  Please tell us where you live
                  and what re-enactment group
                  you belong to.

                  Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                  Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 17, 1999
                    This is an automatic notification
                    message sent to tell you that

                    bjb_remote@... Betsy Bashore
                    jamesmcdowall@... Jim McDowall
                    jkeigher@... Jim Keigher

                    has subscribed to your
                    WarOf1812 ONElist

                    Welcome to our list,
                    Please tell us what City,
                    State/Province and
                    Country you live
                    in and what re-enactment
                    group you belong to.

                    Thanks for subscribing,
                    Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                    Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator

                    Copyright � 1998-1999, 1812 ONElist, Inc.
                    All Rights Reserved. http://www.onelist.com
                  • Jim Keigher
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 18, 1999
                      >Welcome to our list,
                      >Please tell us what City,
                      >State/Province and
                      >Country you live
                      >in and what re-enactment
                      >group you belong to.

                      Ladies and Gentlemen,

                      I am Jim Keigher. I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.

                      I am a member of the Corps of Canadian Voyageurs.

                      Our group was origionaly founded in 1973, in cunjunction with the
                      construction of Old Fort William. Our original focus was to provide a
                      volunteer voyageur militia and artisan company to help staff the fort on
                      weekends and during the summer.

                      We still maintain that primary role, and all of us fall in for militia
                      drills on Canada Day, etc., as well as work at the forge, cooperage,
                      carpenter's shop, armourer's shop, et. al.

                      Since then, however, our role with Fort William has expanded, to include a
                      variety of characters and scenarios. All of us maintain at least one other
                      role, in addition to our voyageur characters. These include 10th Royal
                      Veteran, deMeuron, 37th, GLI, Mississipi Volunteer Artillery and Provincial
                      Marine (RN).

                      We also have a very active baggage train.

                      Many of you, no doubt, have met most of us before. I appologize in advance
                      if I am unable to place a face to the names that I will undoubtedly meet here.

                      I am your obediant servant,

                      Jim Keigher, aka
                      Captain Blunt. (Hey! Don't laugh! John Gilmore gave me that handle!)

                      God Save the King!
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 25, 1999
                        This is an automatic
                        notification to tell you that:

                        Robert van Patten
                        orville@...

                        has subscribed to
                        your list WarOf1812.

                        Robert, welcome
                        to the 1812 ONElist

                        Please tell us what
                        city, province/state
                        and country you
                        live in and what
                        impression you do.

                        Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                        Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator
                      • Robert Van Patten
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 26, 1999
                          Larry: I have the honor to be the Officer Commanding Steeles Rifles -
                          1812, a company of Ohio volunteer militia, foot riflemen. We represent an
                          actual company raised in our Sugarcreek Township by Captain James Steele
                          and this unit was the first into action after the word of the fall of
                          Detroit arrived in the Xenia, Ohio area. The following morning Steele
                          mustered 70 armed men in front of the little log shack in Xenia that served
                          as a courthouse and they immediately marched for Piqua to take under
                          control a huge stock of war materiel there that the Indians were coveting.
                          On the way they were joined by seven other rural militia companies. After
                          securing Piqua the supplies were taken under the wing of General Munger's
                          Rangers who arrived from Camp Meigs in Dayton, Ohio and who brought orders
                          from Gen. Munger for Steele to take his men to the frontier, the Greenville
                          treaty line at St Marys and to build a fort there. This was done and this
                          fort served as the jumping off point for Harrision's strike to lift the
                          siege of Fort Wayne. Shortly thereafter the term of enlistment of Steele's
                          unit expired and the survivors (58 of the 70) returned to the Dayton area.
                          Most of us in the cadre wear white single button Osnabruck shirts, white
                          narrow fall straight-leg trousers, black shoes, and wear a black leather
                          neck stock under the caped and fringed hunting frock which is dark green.
                          Headgear is either the low topper or the round hat with brim turned up and
                          both carry the black leather cockade of the Ohio Militia with a white,
                          blacktipped feather. Personal equipment includes the usual belt,
                          rifleman's knife, haversack, cartridge box, canteen and the like and most
                          of us carry 45 caliber black powder flintlock Pennsylvania-type rifle
                          replicas. In our drills and evolutions we use von Steuben's later work
                          with occasional adaptations from Smyth and Potter when von S. is silent
                          upon a given issue, such as the saber salute, procedure for weapons
                          inspection and so on. We are given space on one of the web pages created by
                          John Sek and a color photograph of the Rifles on parade will provide an
                          impression of the general appearance of the unit -- the accompanying text
                          is, however, somewhat out of date.

                          We are currently looking forward to our next event, the excellent Muster on
                          the Village Green at Sharon Woods Village on SR-42 just north of
                          Cincinnati. This is an event open only to Napoleonic era/1812 units and,
                          at the first event last year, included company and brigade exercises and
                          field maneuvers complete with artillery support.

                          best regards...
                          van

                          > Date: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 9:27 PM
                          >
                          > From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
                          >
                          > This is an automatic
                          > notification to tell you that:
                          >
                          > Robert van Patten
                          > orville@...
                          >
                          > has subscribed to
                          > your list WarOf1812.
                          >
                          > Robert, welcome
                          > to the 1812 ONElist
                          >
                          > Please tell us what
                          > city, province/state
                          > and country you
                          > live in and what
                          > impression you do.
                          >
                          > Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                          > Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator

                          > Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members?
                          > http://www.onelist.com
                          > Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!
                          square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
                          of square miles...
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 27, 1999
                            This is an automatic notification
                            sent to tell you that

                            David Brunelle
                            brunelle@...

                            has subscribed to your
                            WarOf1812ONElist

                            Welcome to the List
                            David, please tell us
                            what city, state/province
                            and country you live in.
                            Also, what impression
                            do you do?

                            Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                            Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 3, 1999
                              This is a notification message
                              sent to tell you that

                              Marc Auger
                              taillefer@...

                              has subscribed to your
                              War Of 1812 ONElist

                              Welcome Marc, please
                              tell us where you live,
                              city, state/province,
                              country and what
                              re-enactment impression
                              you do.
                              Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                              Larry Lozon, Assnt. Moderator
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 8, 1999
                                This is notification
                                to tell you that

                                James Barnwell
                                barnlll@...

                                has subscribed to
                                your WarOf1812ONElist

                                A belated WELCOME James,
                                please tell us where you live
                                and what impressions you
                                do if it is more than USA
                                Rifles.

                                Jim Yaworsky, Moderator
                                Larry Lozon, Asst. Moderator
                              • james barnwell
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 8, 1999
                                  Hello! I live in Milan,Michigan. i am a volunteer at Fort Meigs in
                                  Ohio. This will be my third year in 1812.I am also interested in French
                                  and Indian Waes as well,but I do not have the time! I grew up on the
                                  banks of ecorse creek about 2 miles from where Pontiac had his camp
                                  during his seige of detroit. Jim B.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 4, 1999
                                    This is sent to tell you that
                                    Diana Sluhan