Naval battles

  • Ibbotson, Mark [LSS]
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
      I assumed that the battle of lake Eire was fought with british soldier slightly trained for the job of seamen against Perry and his mob, this mob been full of RN deserters. Does anyone have any real figures on this

      Ibbo
      52 NIAGARA fld battery
    • Schifferdecker, Patrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
        Rob,
        This book seems to give a balanced account & nice pictures too!
        Gardiner, Robert - Editor
        1998 The Naval War of 1812. Chatham. London