Black Belting

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2000
      Re: Original Message
      From: R. Feltoe <feltoe@...>

      ... there are no documented proofs that the IMUC
      got black belting, nor would I want to see our group
      or the larger MRSC line sticking out like a sore thumb
      in the larger line in black belts, based only on this supposition.

      Maybe not re: IMUC, but, after
      the capture of Fort Detroit, there was a lot of the stores that
      were transferred to Fort Amhurstburg (Ft. Malden). This
      American quipment was issued to the militias in this area, but
      again how much, and how far east did the supply get to ............

      To do an 1812 impression in Essex or Kent Counties of Ontario,
      it would be very correct to have American gear mixed in with
      British issue. There was talk that the only tentage in this area would
      have been the American tents gotten from Fort Detroit.