Chatham

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 29, 2000
      From: IX Regiment <ixreg@...>
      Re: an "E" From: easeufe@... <easeufe@...>
      answering: patrick.schifferdecker@...

      >> Where are they headquartered?
      >
      >Chatham! Where else?
      >
      >Larry writes:
      >
      >CHATHAM, no way Edward, we don't want any
      >drukin', marines in Chatham!
      >You did mean Chatham Ontario didn'y ya ?!??! :^)

      No Kent, there is only one :-) !!

      Larry comments:

      But of course Sir,

      Chatham,
      County of Kent,
      situated on the Thames River,
      in the Province of Ontario
      in the Dominion of Canada
      and yes
      we don't want the likes of dem drunkin' Marines

      :^) (do ya still love me Ed?) :^)

    • IX Regiment
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 30, 2000
        In message <003e01c01213$e83463c0$c33c1cd0@default>, Larry Lozon
        <lalozon@...> writes

        >From: IX Regiment <ixreg@...>
        >Re: an "E" From: easeufe@... <easeufe@...>
        >answering: patrick.schifferdecker@...
        >
        >>> Where are they headquartered?
        >>
        >>Chatham! Where else?
        >>
        >>Larry writes:
        >>
        >>CHATHAM, no way Edward, we don't want any
        >>drukin', marines in Chatham!
        >>You did mean Chatham Ontario didn'y ya ?!??! :^)
        >
        >No Kent, there is only one :-) !!
        >
        >Larry comments:
        >
        > But of course Sir,
        >
        >Chatham,
        >County of Kent,
        >situated on the Thames River,
        >in the Province of Ontario
        >in the Dominion of Canada
        >and yes
        >we don't want the likes of dem drunkin' Marines
        >
        >:^) (do ya still love me Ed?) :^)

        Obviously the Chathams share more than a name and county then :-)

        P**

        --
        IX Regiment
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 30, 2002
          From: "Chewie" <bkba21788@...>

          If outside London Pick up M25 ......
          ... only live two miles away from the town
          __________________

          Chewie

          Methinks the Lad is looking for Chatham, Ontario, Canada
          about half way between Windsor/Detroit and London Ontario Canada.
          Your directions will cause him a very long swim first ....

          And I, as you, have had several addresses in Chatham itself over the years,
          but ....... the other Chatham ............. :-)
        • Chewie
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 30, 2002
            Well aint that just the trouble with a good name . everybody ends up using it .

            Chewie
            unit commander
            50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
            " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"
            ... only live two miles away from the town
            __________________

            Chewie

            Methinks the Lad is looking for Chatham, Ontario, Canada
            about half way between Windsor/Detroit and London Ontario Canada.
            Your directions will cause him a very long swim first ....

            And I, as you, have had several addresses in Chatham itself over the years,
            but ....... the other Chatham ............. :-)

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Raymond Hobbs
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
              If it comes to mud pies at forty yards, Drum Major. I'll be your
              second. Talbot had connections with County Ofally, Ireland, where the
              little village of Birr was situated. Among some of his earliest
              immigrants came the Hobbses of County Ofally, and they settled north of
              London, Ontario, changed the name of the hamlet of Hughesville, to
              Birr. Check the graveyard - there are over thirty Hobbs graves there.
              These Hobbses came to Ireland in the 17th century from the Gloucester
              and Wiltshire region of England - same seedbed as my ancestors.
              James Hobbs owned half the county.
              Richard Hobbs, of Bleak House, Middlesex County, Ontario was a
              gentleman.
              'haggis-bashing serfs' my *%$#! Oh, the horror, the horror!
              Raymond Hobbs
              41st Regt.

              Ross Flowers wrote:

              > " haggis-bashing serfs."
              >
              > If you were a gentleman, I'd make you eat grass!
              >
              > Ross
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > THOUSANDS of square miles...

            • badger222ca
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
                --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Chewie" <bkba21788@b...> wrote:
                > Well aint that just the trouble with a good name . everybody ends
                up using it .

                > Chewie
                > unit commander
                > 50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
                > " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

                >Ho, ho, most satirical.
                It reminds me of when I took a course at the University of Western
                Ontario, in London, Canada. The lecturer was Gerald S. Graham, naval
                historian at the University of London, England.
                He declared London, Ontario, the most Imperial city he had ever seen.
                Every street, he said, seemed to have its Old London counterpart. It
                made for a lot of confusion when he was communicating with his
                colleagues back home. You really must see it for yourself. Why not
                bring your mob over for a visit to one of our events. Longwoods is
                right outside London and next year they are planning a big
                extravaganza in the London area for the bicentennial of the Talbot
                settlement by that old rogue Col. Thomas Talbot and his bogtrotting
                and haggis-bashing serfs.

                Pte. Timothy Avery
                Volunteer Battalion, Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada
                `The Redcoat Ploughboys'

              • Ross Flowers

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
                      --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Chewie" <bkba21788@b...> wrote:
                      > Thanks for the kind invite , I do not know as yet about the other
                      members , will ask at our AGM , this coming weekend .
                      > I however will be unable to attend , as my heart is set on moving
                      to Spain early next year with a new job to boot .

                      > Chewie
                      > unit commander
                      > 50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
                      > " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

                      Probably a wise decision, moving to Spain. You can see what a hostile
                      and threatening lot these Celts are. :-)
                      I guess I'd better carry me blackthorn with me next time I go to one
                      of these re-enacting dos, eh?
                      This ere `obbs character is a right bloodthirsty Wurzel, I always
                      thought `e were a Welshman.
                      I reckon `e be Wurzel and Welsh, same as me.
                      So, Scrumpy's on me, next time we meet Mr. Hobbs.
                      Churz!
                      Pte. Wurzel Avery
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
                        From: "Chewie" <bkba21788@...>

                        I however will be unable to attend, as ...moving to Spain

                        Sir Chewie

                        I checked it out there are planes flying from Spain to Canada
                        maybe even right into London Ontario Canada ...:-)
                      • Five Rivers
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                          To any of you who were expecting to see Gary and I (Five Rivers
                          Chapmanry) at Faire at the Forks in Chatham this weekend, I'm going to have
                          to disappoint you. Gary has severely injured his back today, to the point
                          the poor man can barely walk. We're going up to the hospital this evening,
                          hopefully, to have it looked it.

                          Having said that, with me so arthritic, and now with Gary down for the
                          count, it is going to be impossible for us to pack the 2000 pounds of
                          equipment for our encampment, let alone think about unloading, setting up,
                          working all weekend, and then packing up just to bring it all home and
                          unload and unpack. Not going to happen.

                          So, apologies all. I'm hoping this thing isn't severe, or chronic.

                          And my double apologies for taking up band-width with personal items.

                          Regards
                          Lorina
                          supplies
                          (519) 799-5577, fax (519) 799-5418 http://www.5rivers.org email:
                          info@...
                        • peter monahan
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
                            Greetings (Canadian) listoids

                            Sorry for a personal post here but my e-dress book got fried last
                            month!

                            My apologies to any who may have missed me at Chatham. And a big
                            raspberry to those who didn't! :) "The best laid plans gang aft
                            agley", as that Scots guy said: all set to pack my chariot when real
                            life intruded.

                            If I owe you money or shoe work, please contact me off list and I'll
                            recitify the matter a.s.a.p. (Except Uncle Larry! I'm not talking
                            to you until I get my frock coat back!)

                            A slight chance I'll be at Missinewa, otherwise, winter well and I
                            hope to see you in the spring. Alwats willing to winter work on
                            boots: drop off in Alliston,T.O. (the center of the universe)or the
                            Christmas show in Hamilton.

                            Awra best!
                            Peter Monahan, RNR
                            705-435-0953 / petemonahan@...