Re: Naval Battles

  • Rob Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi List:
      Let me ask the question a different way.
      Anyone on the list know of any books with some decent
      facts about the Naval Battles of the War of 1812? LOL!
      I have "Lords of the Lake" by Malcomson That tells
      about Lake Ontario mostly. How about the east coast of
      the continent, Atlantic? and the other fresh water
      lakes such as Erie, Champlain and Huron.

      Thanks
      Rob

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • Dave&Monica Bosse
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
        Sorry to upset your theory on the US Navy"Mob"
        But most of Perrys "Mob" were Us Navy. I know it hurts but man for man the US Navy sailors were in better shap for battle due to the fact they were not pressed (that would suck) and the harse punisment in the RN was not as hard as rough in theUS Navy. Rember these "pirates" and "mob" did something the French sould not do in 20 years....... beat the RN.

        Dave Bosse
        Americas Friend