Naval Battles, Lakes & Atlantic

  • Rob Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hello list:
      I was wondering if anyone could tell me
      the names of some good books that told the stories of
      the naval battles in the War of 1812. Books that were
      accurate and fair to both sides. I am interested in
      all naval battles from the Atlantic to the fresh water
      lakes.

      Thanks,
      Rob Taylor

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • Schifferdecker, Patrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        More books on the naval war:

        Gardiner, Robert - Editor
        1998 The Naval War of 1812. Chatham. London

        Leech, Samual
        1999 A Voice from the Main Deck. Chatham. London

        Roosevelt, Theodore
        1999 The Naval War of 1812. Modern Library. New York

        Leech was a sailor on the HMS Macedonian and later during the war shipped
        aboard the USS Syren.

        AND SORRY TO MM, I'll leave the list alone in the future. I get the digest
        form & over looked the 3.1 version.

        I remain as always YH & OS
        Patrick Schifferdecker, Lieut. RN