Unit Listing 3.1

  • mmathews@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
      Dave, I didn't catch the typo you corrected, so it's still on this list.
      Send me or the list the specific please. Everyone satisfied with the
      rankings and labels now? (He asks with little hope.) At first I honestly
      thought the shuffling about was silly, but then I realized that like our
      reenacting, if we're going to do it, do it right.
      Recreated Military Units that are represented on the 1812 Onelist

      Great Britain
      _________________________
      Royal Navy
      Royal Marines
      _________________________

      Army Staff
      _________________________

      British Cavalry

      14th Light Dragoons
      19th Light Dragoons
      _________________________

      British Infantry

      1st Foot Guards

      1st (Royal Scots) Regt of Foot
      8th (King's) Regt. of Foot
      9th (East Norfolk) Regt. of Foot,
      21th (RNBF/Scots Fusiliers)Regt of Foot
      23rd Regt of Foot
      37th (North Hampshire) Regt of Foot
      41st Regt. of Foot
      49th Regt. of Foot
      73rd Regt of Foot
      89th Regt of Foot
      93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) Regt of Foot
      95th (Rifles) Regt of Foot

      10th Royal Veteran Battalion

      Royal Engineers
      ________________________

      Foreign Regt's in British Service

      De Meruon's (Swiss) Regt
      De Watteville's (Swiss) Regt
      _____________________

      British North American Regulars

      Royal Newfoundland Fencibles
      Canadian Fencibles
      Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles
      __________________

      Canadian Provinical Corps

      Canadian Voltiguers
      Michigan Fencibles
      __________________

      Canadian Embodied and Sedentary Militia

      The Incoporated Militia of Upper Canada
      1st Regt. Kent Militia
      The Forces of Lord Selkirk
      Corps of Canadian Voyageurs

      U.S.A.
      _______________________
      American Army
      _______________________

      1st U.S. Light Artillery
      _______________________

      American Cavalry

      US Light Dragoons
      _______________________

      2nd U.S. Artillery
      _______________________

      American Infantry

      1st US Inf
      4th US Inf
      7th US Inf
      8th US Inf
      17th US Inf
      19th US Inf.
      25th US Inf.

      1ST Regt. of Rifles
      Missouri Rangers
      _______________

      American Militia

      Jackson's Lifeguards
      Tennessee Volunteers
      West Tennessee Militia
      Plauché's Bttn. of Uniformed Militia
      __________________

      US Navy

      Ships Company
      _______________________

      French Army

      21e Régiment de Ligne
      Régiment Irlandais
      _______________________

      Non 1812 Units

      1st Queensland (Moreton) Regt 1887-1891
      Queensland Scottish Volunteer Corps 1888
      Queensland Permanent Force 1896

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Cel: (507) 450-3535 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      ------------------------------
      "I've decided to be happy, because it's good for one's health." - Voltaire
    • Dave Hill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
        --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, mmathews@V... wrote:
        Dave, I didn't catch the typo you corrected, so it's still on this
        list.Send me or the list the specific please. Everyone satisfied
        with the rankings and labels now? (He asks with little hope.) At
        first I honestly thought the shuffling about was silly, but then I
        realized that like our reenacting, if we're going to do it, do it
        right.

        Michael,

        I spelled the word Incorporated wrong in the "Incorporated Militia of
        Upper Canada". I guess I've become too dependent on Spell checks.

        Dave.